Author Topic: God Damn net nanny is blocking TF2  (Read 12532 times)

Dad needs his fhappy time, huh?

We don't share computers, if I'm thinking what you're thinking.

I use a proxy for all my surfing that I know they won't like (newgrounds, forums, etc.)

I just want to know how to play TF2 without asking permission first :C
Ask your parents for permission to access some site that is useful and Net Nanny blocks. Leave a keylogger on before, and while they are typing in keys, log the password into a file. Use password sekrutly to access TF2. Profit.

Did you try asking your parents if they'd unblock it? I figure if they bought it for you they'd probably let you play it. Unless you bought it on your own or something and they don't know you have it.

They know I have it, but their attitude has turned from "hey that's cool with us" to "Go review your history that you already know perfectly, you can play on the weekends"

Ask your parents for permission to access some site that is useful and Net Nanny blocks. Leave a keylogger on before, and while they are typing in keys, log the password into a file. Use password sekrutly to access TF2. Profit.

This looks promising

EDIT: forget, can't look it up with netnanny, and I can't download anything while I use a proxy.

They know I have it, but their attitude has turned from "hey that's cool with us" to "Go review your history that you already know perfectly, you can play on the weekends"
As being a professional bullstuffter, they're probably making you review it more because you slipped up a little on history.

This looks promising

EDIT: forget, can't look it up with netnanny, and I can't download anything while I use a proxy.
You could try to get a compiler to compile a keylogger's source. I don't think that net nanny would block a programming related site.

History is probably my best subject because my teacher is hilarious.

Do your homework and play on weekends then, I don't know what to tell you. If they catch you messing with the program then they might just bar you from playing games altogether. Even if you get the password the program probably records every log in so your parents might be able to figure out someone else is logging in as well.

As for not being able to download stuff just get a friend to download it and email it to you or something.

Do your homework and play on weekends then, I don't know what to tell you. If they catch you messing with the program then they might just bar you from playing games altogether.

As for not being able to download stuff just get a friend to download it and email it to you or something.

I think I might just do this.

Supposedly there's a backdoor access for a version of Net Nanny incase you forget the password. The password is, ironically, ~frontdoor.

The log file is also most likely stored on your PC somewhere. You could either delete it or tamper with it.

Even if you get the password the program probably records every log in so your parents might be able to figure out someone else is logging in as well.
Hmm, this seems probable, though you could most likely modify the logs after you obtain the password (Besides, most parents have the same password for everything, so you might even be able to log into an Administrator account).

History is probably my best subject because my teacher is hilarious.
I love when the teachers are funny and cool. Like my history teacher last year let us play Pacman or just do our homework and chill when he didn't feel like teaching for the last period of the day.

You could also try terminating it through the task manager. It's process is called Ocraware. End the processes Wnldr32 and Net Nanny.

Another way is the programs that execute on startup. I'll grab the whole entry from the site I found:
Open the Start menu and click on the search box. Type in "msconfig" and hit Enter. Double-click on the MsConfig program when it appears in the search results. Click on the "Startup" tab. Un-check the check mark boxes labeled "NNSvsc" and "nntray.exe." Restart the computer and attempt to access a blocked website.

I think that the newer versions of NetNanny even block the Command Prompt and related tools. I personally would boot off of a Linux live cd, mount a Windows partition, and nuke the stuff out of the program.