Author Topic: Supreme Commander 2  (Read 507 times)

Hey guys,

i'm curious about supreme commander 2.

I really liked the first one.. it had a really epic feel to it. What i liked alot about it was the whole super units you could create. Nothing was cooler than building a colossus or a giant mothership and see the mothership slowly crash into the ground when destroyed.

I love the fact of having huge units supported by smaller units and huge aerial battles.

Now, i've looked at a few reviews and all the maps look small! i remember in the first one maps where huge and games took awhile.. everything looks so fast paced now.

So does anyone have it? is it any good etc...

Thanks for the feedback! <3

I hear it's supposed to be more arcadey then the first.

And that the experimentals where removed too.

Played the demo, made a fleet of supercarriers, destroyers, cruisers, subs and planes, loved the explosions, got giddy, cried when I realised I couldn't afford to buy it

Hey guys,

i'm curious about supreme commander 2.

I really liked the first one.. it had a really epic feel to it. What i liked alot about it was the whole super units you could create. Nothing was cooler than building a colossus or a giant mothership and see the mothership slowly crash into the ground when destroyed.

I love the fact of having huge units supported by smaller units and huge aerial battles.

Now, i've looked at a few reviews and all the maps look small! i remember in the first one maps where huge and games took awhile.. everything looks so fast paced now.

So does anyone have it? is it any good etc...

Thanks for the feedback! <3
The maps are a little small yes but it's pretty cool.

The game is a great RTS and I'm ashamed I even considered uninstalling it for disk space.

Compared to the first one... is it better or worse..?

The only reason i liked the first one at all was because of the huge epic scale it had..

huge battles... large units being supported by smaller.

Also hows the online?

You can find a demo for it on Steam.

I'm a big fan of the original games (Forged Alliance expansion included) and was really disappointed with the major changes they made to SupCom2.

To sum it up, they drastically lowered the complexity of the game (in particular the economic aspects) and made sweeping changes to the appearance and scale of the game.

If you enjoy simpler RTSs with larger units in smaller quantities fighting on small battlefields over resource points, then you'll probably like SupCom2. It is quite comparable to CnC and Starcraft now. Unfortunately, it turned down the scale and complexity negating much of the strategic nature of the first games, but didn't adequately improve the tactical nature of the game. World in Conflict implemented small scale tactics based gameplay with not even a hint of base building and it did fairly well at this.

SupCom2 sacrifices the few traits that made it unique in order to appeal to a more mainstream audience. Brighter colors, chunkier unit design, smaller battlefields, cheesier dialog, and small scale combat are apparently what sells right now.

ughhhh! that's what i didnt want!

I enjoyed the huge battles in the first one and the large maps..

"Sigh"

Ya i wathced people play the demo on youtube... looked game boring. I don't really want the game for the campaign anyways.

Sad that they dumbed it down.. sadly im so sick of fast paced and small games right now.

Does anyone know if the community is still active on the first supcom ?

Multiplayer wise?