Poll

If there was add-ons, would you download?

Yes
No
Maybe

Author Topic: Gravity Cat's Add-On Dump - Particle_ItemSparkles released!  (Read 2047292 times)

I'm not sure If I mentioned this, but I really like that pistol. You definitley should release publicly, dispit the amount of morons that are attracted to this topic for some reason:
Oh my god.
Even Mr   Died of this.
Anyway PLEASE make public.
loving...
As id Rykutas L4D2 weapons isntg enough wait.
DAMN IT GRAVITY CAT (edit) IN NEAR FUTURE WHEN FINISHED
Ohhh... nice post it please .

Well of course. And its also easy to say quality over quantity. But as we have seen, there is no lack of quality here so if more is possible, it would be very welcome :P

I'm not really concerned about all those weapons. I just gave a list of weapons that you could use with the Iron Sights, and they all look different (mostly). So there would be at least a little less confusion about what weapon someone's using. [But there's still going to be handicaps out there that go "OMFG, WH4T GUN I5 TH4T??"]

You want suggestions...? Here's a few.

Pumpgun-
Sorry, can't think of any at the moment.

Sniper Rifle's-
H&K PSG-1
H&K SL8-6
Remington M40 Rifle
Barrett M82A1
Accuracy International L96A1
Unique Alpine TPG-1

Light Machine Guns-
FN M249 SAW
FN M240B
Steyr AUG HBAR
Type 95 LMG
German MG 3
M60E4
H&K MG36

Sub Machine Guns-
H&K MP5 &/or MP5 K
H&K MP7
H&K UMP
Steyr TMP
Steyr AUG Para
Type 05
FN P90

Assault Rifle's-
Steyr AUG
FN FNC
FN F2000
FN SCAR
Type 95
FAMAS
H&K G3
H&K G36 (K, or C)
Tavor TAR-21
AK-47
AK-74
Colt M16
Colt M4
XM8
XM29 OICW

*The marked ones* Is allready made by him.

Weee, thank you all for liking, congratulations and so on :)

Hitscan makes it too easy to snipe. THe only way hitscan would work well is if it had a small delay between hitting the target. One thing I hate is how snipers can wipe out tanks in 3 hits and SMGs can take out a tank in one clip, IE: Bushido's pack. There should be a script made where vehicles do not recieve any damage if the projectile is not strong enough.
Yep, that's a problem with hitscan. But a max bullet speed of 200 seems sometimes a bit slow. I'll try something to make the speed higher (Someone has an idea of how to do that?).
And thanks for the suggestion of reducing damage for vehicles :3
Maybe the maximal damage of a vehicle divided by 10, and if a bullet normally does damage more than that, causing the damage?

I know you're not trying to top anyone but this is awesome. You should consider adding more generic weapons to this. Such as more CS stuff. Also I'd love to see the weapons from your firearms pack redone to go with these. With enough weapons this could easily be an Any-and-All set. Finally if this becomes a private addon I will rage.
Of course I will add more stuff. And usually I'm not going after games. I randomly search for weapons and if I like one I search some informations about it and when I think that it fits the pack, I take this weapon.
If I redo my firearms is doubtful, sorry.

Well I meant the one on the right column of images, 3rd down.
It looks great, as well as the bullet effects.
Oh okay :P Well thank you :)

A weapon is a weapon. (Glock, to AT-4.) Yes; people have preferences, but what he finally puts in the pack is his chose.

Now On Topic: Nice pack!

You want suggestions...? Here's a few.

Loooong list -snip- :P

Sorry about the long post, but just trying to help you with ideas.
Anyways, keep up the good work!
Thanks for that much suggestions :)

Sniper Rifle's-
H&K PSG-1 - maybe
H&K SL8-6 - not really
Remington M40 Rifle - no, not a second Remington :P
Barrett M82A1 - yes for big caliber rifle :3 but not sure if this one
Accuracy International L96A1 - nice one, but I kinda dislike the stock
Unique Alpine TPG-1 - ugly stock o.O but otherwise nice :P

Light Machine Guns-
FN M249 SAW - possible
FN M240B - I would prefer the m249
Steyr AUG HBAR - yay, bullpup :P
Type 95 LMG - not really
German MG 3 - heavy one, maybe
M60E4 - again, I would prefer the m249 :P
H&K MG36 - sorry but I don't like the G36

Sub Machine Guns-
H&K MP5 &/or MP5 K - not again a MP5
H&K MP7 - no
H&K UMP - no, kinda like the other 2 ones above
Steyr TMP - not really
Steyr AUG Para - mini Steyr AUG o.O
Type 05 - not really
FN P90 - maybe :3

Assault Rifle's-
Steyr AUG - no
FN FNC - not really
FN F2000 - looks kinda odd to me
FN SCAR - already made one...
Type 95 - again, not really
FAMAS - blah...
H&K G3 - one of my favourite weapons :D
H&K G36 (K, or C) - again, dislike x_x
Tavor TAR-21 - I kinda like this one :3
AK-47 - Kalashnikov is a nice one but not really
AK-74 - ...
Colt M16 - I don't like this...
Colt M4 - ...and this one
XM8 - I made one and maybe I'll use then my old model
XM29 OICW - even more odd...

(Yes, I went trough the whole list and searched for pics)

Well of course. And its also easy to say quality over quantity. But as we have seen, there is no lack of quality here so if more is possible, it would be very welcome :P
More is on the way ;)

I'm not sure If I mentioned this, but I really like that pistol. You definitley should release publicly, dispit the amount of morons that are attracted to this topic for some reason:
It's a matter of age. They are kinda young I would say.

Do want to test.
I already have a betatester but if you want to test them, just join my server. From now I'll try to host everyday from around 6 pm GMT.

I'm not really concerned about all those weapons. I just gave a list of weapons that you could use with the Iron Sights, and they all look different (mostly). So there would be at least a little less confusion about what weapon someone's using. [But there's still going to be handicaps out there that go "OMFG, WH4T GUN I5 TH4T??"]
That's something that will always be... (that part with the handicaps)

*The marked ones* Is allready made by him.
Err yes :P I marked them too in my post, but thanks anyway :3

Had a quick go with 'em last night, and I really like 'em. Although for me the zoom scopes didn't work 0.o

Muzzle Flashes are really big and the Eotech's don't have reticules, other than that they're great.

wow the bullet hit effect on theese looks great,.....and the fact thiers sights that work

too bad I reached my datablock limit

If you make these private I will gut you like a fish. :c

Had a quick go with 'em last night, and I really like 'em. Although for me the zoom scopes didn't work 0.o
Yeah, there are still problems with the zoom, I know. But that problem never occured o.O

Muzzle Flashes are really big and the Eotech's don't have reticules, other than that they're great.
"Big" because of the glowing? And it seems like some people can't really read or are too lazy.
...the models are just transitory models (very lowpoly, without any animations) until all final models are done and animated.

If you make these private I will gut you like a fish. :c
o_o;

I opened Blockland and saw your server and joined, then you close it right when I joined. Can you re-open the server again please?

Damage to vehicles can already be set in the damage type. I think normal Gun bullets do .75x damage to vehicles.

Glock 19, 44. Magnum, STK CPW, TDI Vector, SA80, M700, M1014
Basing the design of them, fine, but having a million more generic acronyms as the names isn't good. I'm not a firearms expert, I shouldn't have to be to play a quick round of Capture the Flag and tell the difference between these things.

It might be possible to have a different first person animation to third person animation (I read it a while back with something in the DTS like "detail level 999", so to make it look good it might be possible to have the guns in your hands normally in third person view and a detailed first person down-the-sight look and reload animation. This also lets you keep the normal hand/hook nodes there in third person so they don't suddenly change colour if you put the gun away to everyone else.

A more generic colour like Lego-style yellow or default Blockhead tan might work better for the hands than black.

A M16 with Grenade launcher?
Right click puts it in the Iron sights for the Launcher, left click fires the launcher (Only when Aiming down the Iron Sight for the grenade launcher though)