Poll

If there was add-ons, would you download?

Yes
No
Maybe

Author Topic: Gravity Cat's Add-On Dump - Particle_ItemSparkles released!  (Read 2047629 times)

Is it possible to have it take more time? And what about having it be like the jumping?
Just that part of the Blockhead was annoying to be, but it is good for dodging if you are being shot at.
I don't think so.

Can you host a different map please? The factory is getting boring.
Mabye.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the server has basically turned into Lol of Duty: Block Ops. People running around swinging wildly with knives and spamming tomahawks and getting massive points because of it, players going around and using sniper rifles in close combat, and explosive weapons (lol, RPG-7) being used like any other normal weapons (noob tubes). I last played yesterday.

Also, FG42 is win. There was once a someone (it was .:taboo:.) in a building to the left of my base who was racking up points. I had an FG42 and was expecting to see him taking a break in cover, where I could use the element of surprise to help me tear him to shreds. Instead, what I found once I left the safety of my base was two enemies, both facing towards me, both ready. I ran as fast As I could, for cover, to the side of the building they were in, hoping to do as much damage as I could before my inevitable daeth by running past them guns a blazing. Not only did I make it to the cover, but when I did so I quickly glanced at the top left of my screen to find that I had killed them both. Maybe firing wildly can work in the right situation.
And what do you want me to do about it? Banning for it? Actually this would be the only solution since I won't weaken the knife or tomahawk. The latter would never be used since it's going to be single-use. I won't weaken the already weak explosives (radius damage not working properly) nor the sniper rifles.

I should remind him to enable the score saving mod before/when he does, I really want to get an idea of my total score.
And not have to earn 20 points to get some of the better weapons even when I just want to play for a little bit.
It should be enabled. Well, should...

I'm having a confusing time at the server.

I'm confused on how people get laser sights.
I'm slightly confused on how people get other grenade types.
I'm confused on why people whine so much when they get Truvelo'd.
I'm confused on the command list a lot of people know so much about.
Type /milkor 1 2 3 4 5 6, you have to figure out how it works properly.

or a heli bot that spawns with bots inside and shoots or bombs the enemy under your control
Once again, nop.

I don't think so.
Mabye.
And what do you want me to do about it? Banning for it? Actually this would be the only solution since I won't weaken the knife or tomahawk. The latter would never be used since it's going to be single-use. I won't weaken the already weak explosives (radius damage not working properly) nor the sniper rifles.
It should be enabled. Well, should...
Type /milkor 1 2 3 4 5 6, you have to figure out how it works properly.
I don't think anything really needs to be weakened, not sure why everyone is saying stuff needs to be, except possibly adding more delay for the milkor, but even then.
Also, to enable that new add-on you might need (before next time you restart) to go into your ADD_ON_LIST.cs which should be in blockland/config/server and set $AddOn__Server_ScoreSaver = 1; rather than the default -1. Apparently you should need to do this for all new add-ons, since there is nothing wrong with the add-on itself.

I don't think anything really needs to be weakened, not sure why everyone is saying stuff needs to be, except possibly adding more delay for the milkor, but even then.
Also, to enable that new add-on you might need (before next time you restart) to go into your ADD_ON_LIST.cs which should be in blockland/config/server and set $AddOn__Server_ScoreSaver = 1; rather than the default -1. Apparently you should need to do this for all new add-ons, since there is nothing wrong with the add-on itself.
People complain because they can't handle it. It's the same with camping. People complain and hate campers because they can't handle them.
And manually enabling isn't necessary. It works, but not with a minigame.

And manually enabling isn't necessary. It works, but not with a minigame.
The add-on is enabled but won't work in a minigame?
That's really strange, I'll go check out why that is.

EDIT: Just tested, and it works fine in a minigame. RTB still shows the red X next to the add-on in the server info window, that means it's disabled.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 03:34:52 PM by DrenDran »

The add-on is enabled but won't work in a minigame?
That's really strange, I'll go check out why that is.

EDIT: Just tested, and it works fine in a minigame. RTB still shows the red X next to the add-on in the server info window, that means it's disabled.
Earlier I restarted to update something, I also reuploaded your add-on, tested it and it worked fine. Then I set up a TDM, started, left again with 15 points and joined with no points.

Earlier I restarted to update something, I also reuploaded your add-on, tested it and it worked fine. Then I set up a TDM, started, left again with 15 points and joined with no points.
So you disabled it?

Gravity cat, I realized I haven't tested it in a tdm, now I have and I believe TDM packages the client leave game function before this mod does.
Therefore I need make it constantly update saved scores, rather than using a package.

So if I remake the mod will you use the new version?

Airstrike/artillery strike = so-so idea.

On the one hand, it would be pretty cool.

On the other, it would be cheap and easily abusable. If it was added I would think it should be relatively inaccurate (area target, not bomb sniping) and delayed by at least 10 seconds. Also it should be only one or two uses.

Gravity cat, I realized I haven't tested it in a tdm, now I have and I believe TDM packages the client leave game function before this mod does.
Therefore I need make it constantly update saved scores, rather than using a package.

So if I remake the mod will you use the new version?
Sure.

Airstrike/artillery strike = so-so idea.

On the one hand, it would be pretty cool.

On the other, it would be cheap and easily abusable. If it was added I would think it should be relatively inaccurate (area target, not bomb sniping) and delayed by at least 10 seconds. Also it should be only one or two uses.
I won't make it.

ZB

I was just trying to give my input on your server so you could try to take it however you may to improve your server quality. Of all the weapons I mentioned, the only one I dislike and feel is bad is the tomahawk. I know it still has much more to be added, so I will not give a full opinion until later. However, I do Believe that it needs more gravity when thrown.

ZB, he has better things to do, deal with it.

Gcat, get the updated GSF SA.  I can't get on your server until then.  I really like your TDMs but I cant play on the Gov Vs Rebels... D: