Poll

Idea: Space Nazis in ss13, yes or no?

Yep
No

Author Topic: Space Station 13: *gasp*CENTRATION (SS3D)!  (Read 605972 times)

What is Space Station 13?
Space Station 13 is a game where you need to survive on a space station that floats around a giant gas planet. You will hear NanoTrasen and Cent Com alot, whereas NanoTrasen built and runs Space Station 13, and I think you can figure out what Cent Com, or Central Command is. There are several different game modes, but I will get into that later.

Space Station 13 runs on the Byond engine, a very unstable and laggy engine. It isn't a looker, but it makes up for it in gameplay. It is very confusing once you start playing it, and you need to take some time to learn the hand system, along with the verb system.

You can also have ID cards, which are unique items that say your name and you job on it. It gives you access to certain parts of the station.

Game Modes?
There are various gamemodes implemented on the goon servers, which I reccomend going to.

Nuclear Emergency - A few High-tech, merciless operatives are sent from a corporation hellbent on nuking the station. It is kind of like a squad of modern marines going back to fight in the civil war, where the crew has almost no amazing weaponry, yet the syndicates, lacking in numbers, make up for it in firepower. Their goal is to steal the Nuclear Authentication disk from the captain, and blow up the nuke, destroying the station.

Traitor - A syndicate traitor is sent onto the station to assassinate a person, or steal stuff form the station. It is not as easy as it sounds, and there are several ways you can kill your target. You get an assigned amount of Telecrystals (10) in your PDA, where you can spawn devious items that are also job specific. Here are my personal favorite items:
 -Cloaking Device: Makes you invisible, except for people with Optical Thermal Scanners, the A.I., and Cyborgs. I reccomend stealing the thermals from people who have them, and getting the AI on your side before using this.
 - Electromagnetic Card: Oftenly called an Emag, is used to short out wires on the doors and computers to give you access you cannot have elsewhere. Beware, the airlocks stay open when you short out the wires, so it is quite obvious!
- Energy Sword: The bringer of death. It is a sword that kills in a few hits, but having it is a giant "KILL ME" above your head.

Changeling: There is a being that can absorb your DNA, and change into other entities! You must find and kill it, before it becomes you! It also has horror form, which makes the beast almost unstoppable. They also have goals just like traitors do.

Vampire: So I hear there is a blood sucker aboard this station! Beware, the more blood he sucks, the more abilities he gains! Like diseased touch, which is an airborne virus that slows down your opponents.

Wizard: That bearded friend! A wizard has traitor objectives, but with a twist, he has several deadly spells! Kill him at all costs!

Revolution: (Jorici's favorite!) Aye, matey, there be a mutiny going aboard this ship! A few people are selected to be Revolutionary heads, where they must brainwash the crew with their flash to join their cause in killing the heads of the station! (Captain, HoP, HoS, RD) Head Revolutionaries (Often called head revs) get telecrystals in their PDA, also.

Jobs!

-Civilian-

-Chef - Cook food for the station! Also, you can make human burgers!
-Clown - Be HONKtastically funny, make the whole station laugh! and kill you R.I.P.
-Chaplain - The religious man of the station! This takes quite a bit of role-playing skill.
-Barman - Make alcoholic drinks for the station to enjoy!
-Botanist - Grow plants for the chef to cook with, also, space weed!
-Janitors - Clean the inevitable blood stains.
-Assistant - (Jorici Reccomends for first timers) No real objective, observe other jobs.

-Maintenence-

-Electrician - Fix power on the station, make copies of electronic items.
-Engineer - Start the engine, fix structural problems on the station.
-Miner - Mine ore in deep space for robotics and other causes.
-Quartermaster - Order items, manage the station's cargo that it takes in and out.

-Medical/Research-
-Medical Doctor - Heal the station's crew, from scratches to gaping holes.
-Geneticist - Research human genetics, try to fix diseases, create superpowers.
-Roboticist - Debrain people, put it into cyborgs you made, and build a robot army.
-Chemist - Research healing chemicals/death chemicals, make napalm smoke, anything, really.
-Scientist - Make bombs, diseases, or study alien artifacts!

-Security-
-Security Officer - Arrest the baddies
-Detective - Search for fingerprints, blood samples, and find the baddies.

-Command-
-Chief Engineer - Watch over your crew of Engineers, help with the engine.
-Research Director - Watch over your lunatic research staff, try not to let too many people die.
-Head of Security - Keep your security squad in check!
-Head of Personnel - Work the desk, change people's IDs, monitor the crew manifest.
-Captain - Look after the station. Keep everyone in check. Your ID is also in high demand, it has all access.

-Robots-
-AI - Watch over the station for traitorous activity, open doors (the only thing you will do), command cyborgs. You are bound to the Asimov laws
-Cyborg - Select a module and do that job. You are also bound to the Asimov laws.

Links!

SS13 Wiki

Ban Appeals

SS13 Trailer

Storyline

REQUIREMENTS
-Know how to Roleplay
- A BYOND account
- A brain
- Click on the wiki, then one of the gibbed servers. Try to not be banned.

Credits to Jorici for making the new OP.

EDIT

It seems to me that they are making a new version of space station 13 with better graphics. I am dissapoint that they are making a graphic update when one man a Team is making space staion 3D (not made by that guy who also promised the Space Station 13 MMO).
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 08:36:09 PM by nickbond1 »

This game is veryyyyyyyyyy good!

But very very complex.

I suggest reading the wiki.

Sadly the moderators are very very very corrupt.

They will help themselves in most situations or just ban or kill you for no real reason.

To be honest the admins and mods ruin the game. (Most of them are 13 year old kids).

Nope.

Has pretty good graphics :)

Trust me read the wiki....

Took me a week just to get the basics down for this game.

Decide to spectate to see how things work
get banned

It seemed like it could have potential if the movement wasnt so crappy >:(

blob: a giant green gelly monster that is dangerous to touch, kill it with fire.
a giant green gelly monster that is dangerous to touch, kill it with fire.
that is dangerous to touch, kill it with fire.
to touch, kill it with fire.
kill it with fire.

PROTIP: if your a clown run for your life, everyone is crawling out of the metalworks to kick your ass

It seemed like it could have potential if the movement wasnt so crappy >:(

the movement ruins all the byond games

I used to play that, until I got banned off the most active server for accidentally commiting Self Delete when I was a captain in Nuke mode, even though I didn't select a position remotely close to Captain and I didn't even get to apologise it was just Click and banned

Played it. I'm an okay captain.

This game got the point where corruption got so bad that you'd get banned for the stupidest stuff ever...

Best to avoid major roles... like Captain... Head's of anything etc etc.

That way if you forget up you arent going to get banned cause your new.

I got banned for 2 months for defending myself against a player, the player knew the admin on and bam banned me for griefing.