Author Topic: Jvs vs Props...  (Read 1144 times)

Alright...lots of JVS content in a server won't hurt a thing..but with props you get tons of console spam....what I'm wondering is whats the difference between the two?

Why can't someone make lets say, a lamp, thats JVS, but doesn't do anything, like a door without scripting...I am not understanding the difference between the two.

So now on with why it belongs in this section.

Can anyone combine the two? Props are awesome for small detailed pieces that look like crap if made with bricks, but they lag.

I suggest someone find a way to do this.

JVS is an BLB
Props am not

JVS is an BLB
Props am not

Then why don't people just make them the same file as a JVS model, then rig it the same way and put it in game?

Because with props you can have higher poly models with less lag I do believe.

Because with props you can have higher poly models with less lag I do believe.

But props lag...o.O contradiction there?

But props lag...o.O contradiction there?
No, they make console spam, not lag.

No, they make console spam, not lag.

But I was under the impression console spam caused lag.

No, it just puts a bunch of text into your console.

No, it just puts a bunch of text into your console.

So this would only really matter if you owned a dedi correct? Because most blockland users never use their console, yet alone know how to, and won't see it on a non-dedi server in the first place without them having the knowledge of knowing that the ~ exists in the first place.

I don't really see what's so bad about console spa, ask some scripter, but props also could not disappear/fake kill, so that make some issues for minigames and stuff.

I don't really see what's so bad about console spa, ask some scripter, but props also could not disappear/fake kill, so that make some issues for minigames and stuff.
If multiple things are put into the console it causes lag.(Especially with errors.)

If multiple things are put into the console it causes lag.(Especially with errors.)

So it's pretty much an opening for lag to enter?

JVS is an BLB
Props am not
wrong
Content bricks are DTS models, same with props.

:c

xD lol...alright well I just needed a bit cleared up so...

TOPIC LOCKED