Author Topic: TGE Version for BL Retail  (Read 2289 times)

So Badspot, what version will Blockland Retail be in, game engine wise? TGE v1.5? I certainly hope so, cuz I was just on RTB forums where some guy wants to make dynamic rain and he cant cuz the TGE version doesn't support it.

Badspot

• Administrator

1.5 has issues.

Damn. Thats the one its running now isnt it?

I believe the current blockland is running TGE 1.2. I could be wrong on that.

Just wondering but why not use TGE 1.4? What is the reason to use TGE 1.3. I'm just curious.

1.5 has less issues then 1.4 but 1.4 doesn't have the lighting pack.

GG.com needs to Fix Bugs before releasing stuff.

Badspot

• Administrator
Blockland v2 uses TGE 1.2; 1.3 is a significant improvement.

The most significant improvement in TGE 1.4 was an optimization of ray casting vs interiors that makes it possible to have complex interiors without the framerate going into the toilet every time you shoot a projectile.  I have ported this fix back into my version of 1.3.  I addition, I've fixed a number of things that aren't fixed in any version of TGE.  I've entered some of these fixes into the GG internal bug tracker and eventually they will make their way back into the engine.

The biggest problem with 1.5 is performance.  Something is crapped up and it's slow.  Eventually I'll port Blockland up to 1.5 and find out what's wrong, but at this point the benefits are not worth the time. 

Blockland v2 uses TGE 1.2; 1.3 is a significant improvement.

The most significant improvement in TGE 1.4 was an optimization of ray casting vs interiors that makes it possible to have complex interiors without the framerate going into the toilet every time you shoot a projectile.  I have ported this fix back into my version of 1.3.  I addition, I've fixed a number of things that aren't fixed in any version of TGE.  I've entered some of these fixes into the GG internal bug tracker and eventually they will make their way back into the engine.

The biggest problem with 1.5 is performance.  Something is crapped up and it's slow.  Eventually I'll port Blockland up to 1.5 and find out what's wrong, but at this point the benefits are not worth the time. 

I'm sure its the Lighting pack, it make me loose 20FPS; but I'm unsure what is doing this.

Maybe, I just wanted to know if dynamic systems, such as rain making splashes and sound, would work in the version Retail is coming out for, and also, check out this Icon I made for BL