Author Topic: Mass Effect 2 Comic  (Read 3243 times)

Mass Effect: That game where you get forgeted... in a good way.

huehuehuehue.

Badspot

• Administrator
Eh, the lesbian thing kinda ruined it

What.

What program does Bapsdot use?

Photoshop CS

I never played Mass Effect. Joke not gotten D:

"Explaining a joke is like dissecting a frog, nobody is that interested and the frog dies."
    — Jimmy Carr

Well here goes:

In Mass Effect 2, you collect a bunch of AI teammates.  In between missions, you can talk to them and unlock more dialog options, eventually pursuing a relationship with some of them.  You can make your character male or female and that effects who you can romance.  In Mass Effect one, if you made a girl character you could have a lesbian encounter with either a blue alien chick or a human woman.  In Mass Effect 2, there is no such option (except with Kelly, which is nice but does not count towards the achievement - lolz).  Tali is an alien girl that you can romance as Male-Sheppard but cannot as Fem-Sheppard, however the dialog is basically the same which leads you to believe that you can (hence the setup panels).  You do have the option of romancing one of 3 male characters including Garrus.  See attached image for the punchline.

Eh, the lesbian thing kinda ruined it
You are probably the only person who feels that way.

What.
Yes, it did, for me. You could have used Kaidan or Jacob, it still would have been funny.
You are probably the only person who feels that way.
:U
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 06:09:57 AM by Dusty12 »

Photoshop CS

Cool, I've got that. Do you use paths a lot, or do you just draw everything rasterized via a tablet?

Never played  this, but the artwork for this is good.

Never played Mass Effect, but I still found it funny. Nice artwork.

Badspot

• Administrator
Cool, I've got that. Do you use paths a lot, or do you just draw everything rasterized via a tablet?

I do everything in raster with the tablet.  Nothing takes the soul out of a drawing faster than the pen tool.  Stay away from that stuff. 

I do everything in raster with the tablet.  Nothing takes the soul out of a drawing faster than the pen tool.  Stay away from that stuff. 

Haha, ok. I've gotten fairly acquainted with illustrator; I love how easy it is to edit stuff and tweak. But you're right, it doesn't feel like I'm actually drawing.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0mUSjZdZ1lc

Sure as hell sounds like a hammer.
That was obviously just sound effects/audio and extending a clip.

I love the style you used.  The proportioning almost makes it look like it's from the game directly, but the additional artistic touch-ups give you that drawn feel.

Also, going to nitpick here, but the hand on the blonde, in the third strip, looks rather... off.

I also feel like the background is too empty throughout the whole thing.  They're on a starship, aren't they?

I love the style you used.  The proportioning almost makes it look like it's from the game directly, but the additional artistic touch-ups give you that drawn feel.

Also, going to nitpick here, but the hand on the blonde, in the third strip, looks rather... off.

I also feel like the background is too empty throughout the whole thing.  They're on a starship, aren't they?
Oh Lalam, You are so sophisticated.

Oh Lalam, You are so sophisticated.
Well ofcourse I am.

Hadn't we already established that?