Author Topic: Working Elevator  (Read 3161 times)

Rotondos teleport events can trick people into thinking they didn't even teleport. I use them for an elevator on a zombie build

wow thanks ill try it out

I remember Trader's elevator.
That was great.

Hes right check in archives. It called JV_Elevators.
I have it occasionally on my server. I fixed up the code a little to make it able to go on your server properly but im not gonna release it or I could get banned.

I have it occasionally on my server. I fixed up the code a little to make it able to go on your server properly but im not gonna release it or I could get banned.
just checked the stickies in addons, there's no rules against it :o

JVS Elevators weren't even elevators, they were just the JVS Doors renamed.

The ones that were failed at least.
Those elevators were just JVS Doors renamed.. >>

Static glass shape that was moved up and down by events, a mover. Made by Clockwork(s?) if I remember correctly.
It wasn't an elevator it was a mover that used a spammy way to make it appear like it was fluid movement.

NO YOU FOOL. CLOCKTURN. CLOCKWORK IS AN DUMBASS.

I remember a server back in the V8 days...

It was a challenge thing, and you'd have to walk down Trashman's World 5 or something like that and go through this wall using a secret passage. Then you go around the other end of the mountain, and there was an elevator. You get on the thing and it brought you up to the open plain ontop of the mountain where there was a teleport. After you went through, you appeared in this tiny room where you have to jump onto bricks that would fakekill in an instant and get up to the second level, then go through a door and down to a cave thing where you jump from rock to rock. After that, its a bounce room, and I never got farther than that.

tl;dr?

My point is: You don't need an addon to make one.
System Requirements:
VCE mod variables
Zone bricks and Zone events
What?

iEvent has elevator mod.

Oh cool, you did something more complicatedly than everyone else has already figured out on the forums!!

onActivate->Named Brick - Floor 2->dissapear->10
onActivate->Player->AddVelocity->15

!!!!!!!

No, the working elevators are made by Nixill, others by I forgot, and even more by Lance.
I got my unoriginal elevator idea from Fooly Cooly, then Clockturn sap'd my script and added event support, which through distribution eventually lost it's line of credit towards me.

Those elevators were just JVS Doors renamed.. >>

This one :(

why would you need VCE for an elevator...? unless it's with zones and you just push them up or down in a 0 gravity chamber until they're at the correct spot?
I need VCE just to make a simple check if the player is at the correct spot.

Quote from: Herrerarausaure on 03 May 2010, 20:52:58
My point is: You don't need an addon to make one.
Quote from: Herrerarausaure on 03 May 2010, 20:52:58
System Requirements:
VCE mod variables
Zone bricks and Zone events
What?
Just not an elevator addon.

what are the VCE mod variables ?