Poll

What video editor do you think I shoud use?

Sony Vegas Pro 9.0
3 (27.3%)
Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 Extended (Most likely including After Effects)
8 (72.7%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Premiere Pro or Vegas Pro 9?  (Read 693 times)

I have Sony Vegas Pro 9.0. I got it like a year ago from Futureshop for around $120 ish.

I want to buy Adobe Premiere Pro, hopefully with After Effects.

Do you guys think I should stick with Sony Vegas or get Premiere Pro? I mainly do mainstream HD Videos of like nature and stuff. You've probably seen my channel.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 02:45:53 AM by MackTheHunter »

I, personally, would go for the Premiere Pro + After Effects purchase, mainly because I've used both (mostly AE) and they're amazing programs. However, it really all depends on what you'll be doing with them. If you're not going to be doing really complicated animations and insane video editing, then the PP + AE purchase isn't for you, get Vegas instead. But if you want more than just what the generic high-end video editor has to offer, go for PP + AE. Some of the stuff you can do with After Effects is mind-blowing.

I'm using Vegas for 5 years already, and I've used Premiere Pro for about 5 minutes. It highly depends on you, what interface you like more, which is easier to you, etc. I chose Vegas out of own experience. I tried it at my local computer store, and loved it.