Author Topic: Worlds (AKA "The Planets" map)  (Read 29003 times)

I'm not setting a release date.

I can't seem to get transparency working with DTS shapes so the atmospheres (seen from the inside) are opaque currently. I'm unsure if/when a fix will be available.

On the bright side, the overall file size remains quite small; even with several temporary files included the total file size is under 1Mb. The ice  planet is next on my list of interiors.

Is the Ice Planet going to be all blizzardy like Hoth, or more gentle and alpine? Don't give up on this map, it looks great so far.

Whats the difference?

Hell yes!

Whats the difference?
Nothing. Its a joke.

The 8x cube on the right of each picture is a real 8x cube. The rest is interiors. In the before shot, its color isn't quite so closely matched.

Is this project dead? Haven't heard much progress in a while. :/

Is this project dead? Haven't heard much progress in a while. :/

Yeah, the OP hasn't said anything for three whole days. I'm getting worried.

Reactor Worker, you inspire me. Keep up the good work!

I have an Idea/Suggestion. What if one of the blank planets were a dead planet? Like, a broken, over run, completely dead planet that just has a carcass of a city? (Like in that Pixar movie, WALL-E) That would be pretty cool.

EDIT: Dang. Two people recommended something like this already... still, that just goes to show that some people would like to see it. That's a plus, right?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 06:07:05 PM by tacky9 »

Lol'd.

:/

RW if you want some modelling help I can lend a hand, I've gotten transparency to work a few times on DTS models etc.

How about a jungle planet ?

I would like a cloud area to build on above the grass world, or a cloud world. :D

This map is going to be so amazing. :3

Thanks to Packer, transparency is now working.

I'm now transitioning to using a dedicated map for development and will no longer rely on the desert map for testing individual items.