Author Topic: Worlds (AKA "The Planets" map)  (Read 29012 times)

Didn't see the transparency test till today. Thanks Packer.

Heres a quick screenshot just showing that some of the worlds have been placed. The maximum view distance is the main factor that determines how far apart the worlds can be. My goal is that you'll at least be able to see the spawn world from wherever you happen to be. The distance is small compared the original map, but you can still make it difficult for your server patrons, if you wish, by using the no-jet player model. That way you can still preserve the space-taxi-driver gameplay if you'd like.

Think you will have some 'easteregg' worlds that aren't visible from the spawn, but still easily visible from at least one other world?

You could extend it to be a webbed network of worlds, even, to make it more interesting. The spawn world may not be visible but at least one other world is.

Think you will have some 'easteregg' worlds that aren't visible from the spawn, but still easily visible from at least one other world?

If I can think of something interesting enough for an easter egg I'll include some.

You could extend it to be a webbed network of worlds, even, to make it more interesting. The spawn world may not be visible but at least one other world is.

That could work, but is still less than ideal. What would be really cool is a GUI-map that uses a prefabricated image and moves the image around relative to your position. If that were made, I could place all of the worlds much farther apart.

On an unrelated note; does anyone know how to turn off the fog?

That could work, but is still less than ideal. What would be really cool is a GUI-map that uses a prefabricated image and moves the image around relative to your position. If that were made, I could place all of the worlds much farther apart.
How big should the map be? Should it be a separate window, or should it be an overlay in the main gui?

How big should the map be? Should it be a separate window, or should it be an overlay in the main gui?
Could just have a key which you hold down to view it as an overlay. And include something to indicate the direction you're currently facing, so you can open it, adjust your facing, and then close it down again.

A separate window I suppose, preferably as large as possible so the player doesn't need to scroll too much. The ability to zoom in and out would eliminate the need to scroll around at all.

Is this at all possible?

A separate window I suppose, preferably as large as possible so the player doesn't need to scroll too much. The ability to zoom in and out would eliminate the need to scroll around at all.

Is this at all possible?
Can't see why it wouldn't be. Also, is there going to be something surrounding the worlds?

Is this at all possible?
It's possible, but you would need to download the gui first.

To turn off the fog, the only thing I can think of is setting the Fog distance = or > Visibility distance.

It's possible, but you would need to download the gui first.

Could the GUI be included as part of the map?

Are you able to make this?

To turn off the fog, the only thing I can think of is setting the Fog distance = or > Visibility distance.

I've tried that already. There is still a thick band of black fog obscuring the bottom of the skybox.

Great progress, also,

I thought this was in Maps for a second and shat bricks.

Hmm. I'd just recommend having a map of the planet's positions on the spawn world.

Could the GUI be included as part of the map?

Are you able to make this?

I've tried that already. There is still a thick band of black fog obscuring the bottom of the skybox.
Yea, it could be part of the map.

I am able to make it, but I really can't do it within the next week. Possibly a week from now I could, but I really don't want you to rely on me.