Author Topic: Worlds (AKA "The Planets" map)  (Read 29001 times)

I think one world should be like a completely destroyed planet, with or without ruins. Just to give you that desolate landscape.

Maybe you should make an ocean or sea world, it's actually extremely easy to do since water bricks use physical zones. Then again, if the water was made from players, you wouldn't be able to build bases you could walk in...

You can do the weather fx with emitters, at intervals, above the worlds.

Any idea of a release date ? and a ocean planet would be a good idea

I believe I already have a water world listed on the map I made.  It will consist of high (interior) walls and water bricks. Water bricks can be altered or deleted as necessary.

More jizz worthy pics soon I hope.

I believe I already have a water world listed on the map I made.  It will consist of high (interior) walls and water bricks. Water bricks can be altered or deleted as necessary.
I had a bad feeling you had listed the water world somewhere, I should have checked.

Looks like someone beat you to making a replacement. Still want to see this.

The Planets was the first map I ever played online.

Nostalgia <33

(or at least, something like The Planets. not sure.)

Damn didn't see that .

How did you scale the cubes to scale with the bricks? (Sorry if this was already asked)

Nevermind, i think I figured it out, and documented how to find the Z axis scale as well.
1x1 = 0.0625

Z axis- 0.6 = 1 brick (not plate)

1 = 0.6

Scale of Z height = 0.6 + 0.5
1 = 0.6
2 = 0.6 + 0.5
2 = 1.1
3 = 0.6 + 0.5 + 0.5
3 = 1.6

Calculation- 0.6 + 0.5 x (N-1)
N = Height in Z

Example: To find 3 height
0.6 + 0.5 x (3-1) = 1.6

I've been working on the Water world. Not complete, but heres a screenshot.

Not really sure what you're on about with all that math. I just found out that the Constructor units match the 4x and 8x cubes perfectly in size. The only minor challenge was figuring out what texture scale to use for the "studs" on top.

Assuming you use the default textures for the top and sides: the scale for the top is 0.0325 and the scale for the side is .25 . All you then have to do is align the texture to two of the sides of the brush.

Not really sure who or what you are referring to Killer2. There have been some shoddy repackaging attempts of my maps, maybe a poor emulation or two, but not a proper replacement or competitor.

Nice work Reactor.