Author Topic: TF2 Critical Hits  (Read 5269 times)

loving crits.
How do they work?
I wouldnt like the game that much without crits.

I like crits. The random factor is important, like you said. It's awesome when you one-hit someone by accident with a crocket.
Also I suck at this game and crits allow me to not suck.
Also server mods that remove gameplay mechanics are handicapped (NO-AWP servers on CS:S)

[CC]Mateo: and if you dont have skill then get skill, someone who sucks shouldnt be good

It's not fun to have an unstoppable force of a team.

Who's to say the scout who criticaled wasn't on the winning team?

Who's to say the scout who criticaled wasn't on the winning team?

Then that same thing could happen to the losing team.

it's a damn game, jegus

also I remember Mateo, argumentative he was.

anyways I like crits. I prefer definite crits like headshots and stuff, but the random crits are good too. Not only are they exciting, but they're a good thing for valve to use for a buff/debuff on sidegrade unlockables

no crits, no damage spread, melee only, final destination

The people that hate crits are that scout.

I think they're fine.
I play scout mainly yet I don't hate crits.
The rocket would've loving killed me anyway, why would I care if it was a crit? :v

It makes the game from beating somebody with a calculator ("oh i have two hundred and one health left so i can take three hits from his class") to winning by actually shooting other people. Same for damage spread.

That's exactly the reason why we disable crits in competitive matches. It could come down to it where one player needs to land three consecutive shots on their opponent in order to kill them and cap the point. If they land all three and proceed to cap it, then hey, that's a pretty good player, especially if their opponent only needed to land two shots to kill them. However, if they land one shot which crits and instantly kills them, then they won through luck, not skill.

I love this game when you get heavy epic kritezig masscre imo, also funny when you can just crit somebody fast.

Flamethrower/Minigun + Kritezig Medic = Ragequitting noobs raging at you

I only like definite crits, because then when you use your epic dodging skills with the pyro, you can actually survive 12 seconds longer.

"Play tf2 how it was made, not how you like it"

i always play on servers that have the game settens, aside from 24/7 map servers, that's about it.

I'm pretty sure that Mateo hates crits because he get killed by them often.

Then that same thing could happen to the losing team.
It's statistically more likely for the winning team to get more critz if you've paid attention to anything the developers have said about the system.

I play scout mainly yet I don't hate crits.
I meant the scout in the exaple he gave.

I always loved getting a lucky crit or 2 when I played Team Fortress 2.

But when I'm on the receiving end of the critical hit....

D:<