Author Topic: Happy Towel Day!  (Read 3297 times)

A towel, it says, is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have. Partly it has great practical value. You can wrap it around you for warmth as you bound across the cold moons of Jaglan Beta; you can lie on it on the brilliant marble-sanded beaches of Santraginus V, inhaling the heady sea vapors; you can sleep under it beneath the stars which shine so redly on the desert world of Kakrafoon; use it to sail a miniraft down the slow heavy River Moth; wet it for use in hand-to-hand-combat; wrap it round your head to ward off noxious fumes or avoid the gaze of the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal (such a mind-bogglingly stupid animal, it assumes that if you can't see it, it can't see you); you can wave your towel in emergencies as a distress signal, and of course dry yourself off with it if it still seems to be clean enough.

More importantly, a towel has immense psychological value. For some reason, if a strag (strag: non-hitch hiker) discovers that a hitch hiker has his towel with him, he will automatically assume that he is also in possession of a toothbrush, face flannel, soap, tin of biscuits, flask, compass, map, ball of string, gnat spray, wet weather gear, space suit etc., etc. Furthermore, the strag will then happily lend the hitch hiker any of these or a dozen other items that the hitch hiker might accidentally have "lost". What the strag will think is that any man who can hitch the length and breadth of the galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through, and still knows where his towel is is clearly a man to be reckoned with.

Today, the 25th, is towel day.
Happy towel day to all!

"Don't forget to bring a towel!"

I have my towel!

"Don't forget to bring a towel!"
You wanna go get high
I have my towel!
I'm British soooooo.
I CHALLENGE YOU TO A TOWEL WHIPPING COMPETITION
Living up to stereotypes is so fun

I hate my towels because my face is full of cat hair after I dry my face with them. >:c

You wanna go get highI'm British soooooo.
I CHALLENGE YOU TO A TOWEL WHIPPING COMPETITION
Living up to stereotypes is so fun

You should know I fought off the Hobshnobs on Nokturos Felephtar 8 with a paper towel!

You should know I fought off the Hobshnobs on Nokturos Felephtar 8 with a paper towel!
I have a burning mug of tea bish.

Hey you, sass that hoopy Riot? There's a frood who really knows where his towel is!

Anyone know when doormat day is? I forgot.

Anyone know when doormat day is? I forgot.
Towel day
-------------

D3ATH's head

Towel day
-------------

D3ATH's head
Who you're calling towelhead here!?

Hey you, sass that hoopy Riot? There's a frood who really knows where his towel is!

Nou :c

Edit: His towel was longer.

i never read that book :c