Author Topic: V15  (Read 64261 times)

Floating bots sink.
Water bricks are broken for me.

I should read better
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 05:46:50 PM by Sebster 105 »

Just a small question: will I have to rotate my entire build if I want the isometric view changed, or if I am facing NW/NE/SW/SE the isometric camera will rotate like that?
isometric camera seems to always face SW

I don't have a game breaking problem so far (Hope I don't, Love the Updates)
But your block party, out of its creativity, and the work people put in, its annoying seeing people do mini-games with rockets while most others are building. As I'm typing this, I can hear spammy explosions and gun firing (I know I could turn the vol. off on Blockland) But While taking a look, I actually said people should stop going around and shooting people who are building. So If you can do something about the use of mini-games disrupting builders, I'd appreciate it. But as I said, It's not a Game Breaking Bug, but just a little, 'Notice' and 'complaint' (Not that I'm saying, Change it or I'll sue you of boycott Blockland..)
Thanks Badspot!

Version 15

New website: http://www2.blockland.us/index.html
It's on a different server so it will be on www2. until the DNS changes propagate.
I've also rewritten the master server so hopefully it will be a more responsive at peak times, but then again maybe not because...

Server preview images: http://www2.blockland.us/browse.php
As your server runs it slowly renders an isometric preview of what's in your server.  It takes about 10 minutes to update.  You can recenter your server preview with /setpreviewcenter (if you are admin), but this will reset the current preview rendering.
Yes, the list needs organization.  I'm not entirely sure what kind of load this will put on the server so it may go up and down as I fiddle with it.

Changelog: http://www2.blockland.us/Change-Log.html#14to15

If something is broken: Don't freak out and post an angsty thread immediately because I will just ban you.  Just tell me what is broken so I can fix it.  

Confirmed Bugs
  • When loading bricks, water bricks have no physical zone (ie you just fall through them)
Unconfirmed Bugs
  • Ghost bricks disappear - I cannot duplicate this.  I'm going to need confirmation that this is not caused by an add-on.
On Unconfirmed The Ghost brick's disappearing is caused by not one addon it's caused by many it appears most of the popular addon's are conflicting with the update.

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Motherforgeter!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 06:23:21 PM by MrBloxxer »

Glitch report: Sides of some round bricks don't show up underwater.

Note: this only happens if the observer is above water.

Floating bots sink.
Water bricks are broken for me.
Known issue.

Unonfirmed Bugs
  • Ghost bricks disappear - I cannot duplicate this.  I'm going to need confirmation that this is not caused by an add-on.
As already posted, I duplicated this issue with only default add-ons.
I've replicated the problem with only default add-ons.
When it happens, the temp brick seems to be only visible from certain angles.
It occurs when I close my server when it has at least 1 brick planted.

Edit: No errors appear in the console.

I came back from a long break from blockland to find that the isometric renders are incredibly beautiful.

I love you, badspot. I love you so goddamn much.

Now, if only we could have that lighting engine ingame...
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 05:51:24 PM by Bites »

[IMG]http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/8264/blockland00009.png[/img ]

Glitch report: Sides of some round bricks don't show up underwater.

This has happened if you place a transparent ramp brick behind a trasparent normal brick

I apparently have a glitch on your server.

And it keeps changing on the bricks.

You can now build inside water bricks

forget yeah.

forget yeah.

So easier to do underwater passage ways now.

So easier to do underwater passage ways now.
Water is still inside them

Duplicated water bricks also act like blank space. Just like loaded ones.

I'm wondering if you can/have raised the Data-Block limit, I have a lot of add-ons I use in a single server. And going over it is just annoying.
If you can't raise it, can you have a client pop-up list the add-ons disabled to keep the data-blocks below the line? I don't like to see a pop-up just say I'm over the limit, and not tell me what got disabled.. Because you could build a whole DM or something, and find out the Data-Block Over Limit thing disabled the mod you prefer for the DM... So..
Thanks.