Author Topic: What makes people join your server?  (Read 5034 times)

Combination or individual use of:
DM/TDM
CTF
Trench

and more often than not:

City RP
Deathrun
Prison RP

Hate:
plz come
first 4 git free admin!
JOIN ITS FUN!
Family RP
Mining RP
servers where the idiots dont port forward and your request times out

I also think reputation is important. If people see that you have a good server, they'll come back for more.

Usually, I start up a roleplay, or usually start it up as a large open build for people to join in for.
That can attract 3 or 4 people. Usually a single day is spent building. Since the people spent time on building, they come back the next day when the actual roleplay takes place.

That means I now have a built roleplay with 4-5 players. They then proceed to roleplay, maybe someone else joins casually, we have fun, make it a memorable day and then they come back as regulars.
It's actually a nice feeling to think that you've got regulars on your server, people who see your name on the server list and decide to pick it out of the many others that are there. Makes you want to make your server the most enjoyable for the loyal ones.

Although, occasionally things go so good and fun that you never hear the end of them.
(*cough*Canto Xe, Western*cough*)(*cough*Megaguy, Shattered Memories*cough*)

Anyways, I find that if I make my server as enjoyable as possible, I get a few people to stay and enjoy it regularly. Those people then have a nice nact for influencing other people to join and stay, mainly by just being really fun people who add to the server.

I usually browse for the servers with a lot of players. So I invite my friends and we try to up the number of players to get people over. Usually they were on when I hosted my server.

and more often than not:[/b]
City RP
Deathrun
Prison RP

D: That always got the people over. CityRP, not so much.

Family RP:

Jorglols: Loololololo i just owned you n00b!
Yourmamasucks: NOOOOOOOOO
Yourmamasucks launches a spamming rampage
Jorglols: OMG NOOB, YOUR SPAMMING UP THE SERVER!!!1
Jorglols: ADMIN CLER BRICKS!!!
Coxak has cleared all bricks
Rest of server: OMG NOOB, YOU CLEARED MY BUILDZZZ IM LEAVING!!!!

I dont have regulars because a just started..... BUT!

I have been working on a city build that is going to change the face of city builds!
 If you care to join go to "Sir Blocksalot's city build!"