Author Topic: So, I Was Writing Some HTML Today...  (Read 1995 times)

Today I was writing some HTML and wrote a simple command (using Grandparent's mac.) to make it display "Hello World!" Like this; Hello World!. Then, when I opened it, it showed up like this:
(Having as an attachment since it's so big.)

You saved it as a .rtf
You have to save HTML files as .html, you make them in notepad.

Yes, I know that. I saved it as a .rtf so it could be seen through the Blockland forums. I have the HTML file written in TextEdit.

"Hello World!" Like this; Hello World!.
I smell fail.
Also, even if it did work what's it good for anyways?

Off Topic: Is your avatar a Flipnote or not?!

On Topic: I'm not downloading a .rtf.

This .rtf is forgeted.

Give us a notepad document or word document.

That .rtf is a damaged ZIP. How do you manage to do that?

On Topic: I'm not downloading a .rtf.
.rtf is Rich Text Format.

It is usually opened with Wordpad which is a more upscale version of Notepad but a cheap migrant workers version of Microsoft Office and comes standard with Windows, and can be used with Word.

The forget is this?

I just opened it with word and got 90 pages of this:

PK___�����=desc��_,���ddscm��_��_>mmod��_���(cprt��_���$XYZ ������qD��;��_XYZ ������^����_'XYZ ������&��_��_XYZ ������R�_���__sf32�����_ B��_&��_����_��lcurv�������__��curv�������__��curv�������__��vcgt���������__��_���'�____p_S_S_u__ O _ _________ "$&(*,. 0j22357[9_:+?L@kABCDEFGI_J K_L_M_N!O#P&Q*R-S1T4U8V;W?XBYDZG[D\A]>^:_6`1a*b"c_d_e_efghijklmnkoWpAq+r_rstuvwxeyGz){ {|}~z^C( ܆χˆsbP>+__ՕÖqZC,_ ʡâlV?' ۭîsaL5_»sfWG5! ǺȜ|X5_ΕϜЃkU@-__ذُnN/_ߺjP1_~Q$ uK!dH1__ __3Rw���_�5�m�____H________ 5 {____^____e__$___Z___ i!#_$O%&')%*G+d,z-./0123456789:;<=>?v@YA<=>?@AB|ChDVEGF;G2H,I*J,K1L:MFNUOgP|QRSTV_WFXsYZ\_]J^_a_bPcdeg_h^ijlHmo_p}qsmtv=wxzB{}_~ @䉐Bs8_ԗfJ@?@ELVbrJ3‘șڱݕtP ?_7:%���"�A�`�����_ _C_i_______7_[_______@_i______<_h______O______V_____@_~____F__ " q _ i ___z_ H ___v__h__e__m__~____0__]___-__l____X_�__V____q_)_  !`"#"#${%H&_&'()x*X+:,_-_-./0123456789:<�=_>(?>@VAoBCDEFGHJ_K0LRMwNOPR_SITxUVX_YTZ[]_^a_`bAc|deg7hik_lvmo3pqsgtv'w|xz0{|~^́CBˇXXʍ?15N!Ǟu +ߣEOLJ_๮|J_¶ĄR"ͶϹѿ______R_Ggx���4�[����___B_o______D_q____/_a____1_g_____J_____K___ _l__ _a_ _ t = ____ o d _b__j__|____(__\____\____|_9____O______s M!*" "#$%&'t(j)b*^+],_-e.n/z012346 7.8W9:;=_>Y?@B_C]DEG=HIKELN_OuPRwT_UWOXZO[]"^_a7bceKfh_ijln oqLrtv4wy_z|�}v~f^ކ`|*؎-ғp '22=ȤU{_F~_Tܕbv_2v"njJ ̹_πJӰ_Qڻ&ݑkH|Y1_`#KR>|_Fl��desc������� Color LCD�������������������������������������������������������������������������������mluc�������_���

Just copy the text on the forums here and I can easily open it myself. Most likely solve your problem without even opening it.

You saved it as a .rtf
You have to save HTML files as .html, you make them in notepad.
Notepad on a mac?

Not a ninja: How do you save it as .hmtl through notepad?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 09:21:20 PM by Wynd_Fox »

.rtf is Rich Text Format.

It is usually opened with Wordpad which is a more upscale version of Notepad but a cheap migrant workers version of Microsoft Office and comes standard with Windows, and can be used with Word.

I never said I don't know what it is, I said I'm not downloading it.

I think it's encrypt.
I don't know but it's some wierd stuff.

It is most likely because he created the document on a mac, saved it through a mac program. I'm trying to open it using Windows Word which is on PC so yea.

Wait, I used Pages to write it and saved it as a .HTML and then I opened it with SeaMonkey. Maybe that's why this thing is so screwed up. :I

-snippy-

Uh, I said there was an error. And THAT WAS the error.