Author Topic: Factory TDM map  (Read 6970 times)

I started working on a TDM map a little while ago, and this was the result:

I got carried away with details and I'm seriously worried about lag. But lag or no lag, I think it turned out pretty well. Please tell me what you think!

That looks awesome. Maybe you could tone down the fences, though.

Could we get a picture of the vehicle? Is it a bus or a truck?

It's my first vehicle build, but it turned out better than I thought.

nice, but it has funneh trails, which outdent rather than indent :D

Something about the coloration makes it look like a bunch of odd buildings pasted together. Also, use baseplates, not map ground.

Otherwise, nice.

Am I the only person who's really pet-peeved by stuff not being on a baseplate?

What's wrong with not using a baseplate? I think the snowy landscape makes it look better without a baseplate. I understand that it's easier to delete when it's on a baseplate, but it's not like this was built in someone else's server...
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 06:25:21 PM by AverageJoe »

nope

What's wrong with not using a baseplate? I think the snowy landscape makes it look better without a baseplate. I understand that it's easier to delete when it's on a baseplate, but it's not like this was built in someone else's server...
It just bugs the hell out of me.

Also, use baseplates, not map ground.
Me2.
He put plates inside, which is normal because buildings need floor. But wouldn't it be strange if you looked at the grass or dirt and noticed that all of it would be covered with flooring. The only reason you have to put em on the ground is if it's not the material/color you want, or if you're building an island.

I think the build is one of the best I've seen in a while! What times are you usually hosting?

Seriously, why is it wrong not to build on a baseplate?
The ground looks better without baseplates (Sometimes).
Baseplates are good to build floors and roofs with, but building ground with them is sometimes a bad idea.
The ground looks way better without a baseplate, cause the baseplates are only one-colored with shades.
And it takes a long time to detail 15 baseplates with small bricks.
Usualy i use baseplates for my builds, but in some maps i dont use baseplates for ground.
Why do you think the map ground has a texture if its not ment to build non-baseplates using builds on?
And when you use baseplates wich are 100% vicible, you cant see the ground texture, so where do you need it then?
Why has the map creators made a ground texture if it wouldnt be used?
Think about it.

OnTopic: I like it, could you tell me when you host your TDM server?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 04:57:09 AM by Manga »

Perimeter wall is blech. Otherwise, the buildings and vehics are cool and well built. Maybe add some more complexes to fill it out.

Looks great.

Seriously, why is it wrong not to build on a baseplate?
The ground looks better without baseplates (Sometimes).
Baseplates are good to build floors and roofs with, but building ground with them is sometimes a bad idea.
The ground looks way better without a baseplate, cause the baseplates are only one-colored with shades.
And it takes a long time to detail 15 baseplates with small bricks.
Usualy i use baseplates for my builds, but in some maps i dont use baseplates for ground.
Why do you think the map ground has a texture if its not ment to build non-baseplates using builds on?
And when you use baseplates wich are 100% vicible, you cant see the ground texture, so where do you need it then?
Why has the map creators made a ground texture if it wouldnt be used?
Think about it.

OnTopic: I like it, could you tell me when you host your TDM server?

I guess it just bugs people like me since were not used to it like that :P