Poll

What to focus on first?

Polish and mod completion (add special functionality to bugs and stuff that have been needing it)
Finish and release the MAS Magma Exo-suit
Finish the MAS Scarab-Wasp playertypes
Create more ASN (robotic) playertypes
Finish up and release the currently exsistant but unrelased bugs (the Tremormites, the two spiders, BugMod 3, ect)
Work on the remainder of the wasps
Work on new bugs!
Create more MAS weapons/suits/items/ect

Author Topic: The Bug & MAS Mods (Server coming maybe)  (Read 646441 times)

wow i havent seen lordician in forever

also spooky pic :(

I mean it obviously were my favorite big buggers. :D
Also i have been around for forever, ever lurking.

So guys, i'm thinking about hosting a Bugs VS MAS server in awhile (maybe next weekend?)
If I do, what do you guys think I should host?

Another trenchdig server? Or maybe use that underground base build that jitank made ages ago (it's been years since I hosted this build, actually)

Also do you guys think it should be all bugs vs MAS? Or maybe Insects VS Arachnids VS MAS?

OOR could just do Tremormites vs MAS/some other faction maybe?

I should also host another one of those bugs vs mites servers with the queen hunting functionality some day. Been ages since I hosted that, and it was pretty great tbh.

bugs vs mas trench dig, people love that. Maybe make the tremormites cost points or something

bugs vs mas trench dig, people love that. Maybe make the tremormites cost points or something

But then people wouldn't be able to test the new tremormite as often :/

Granted, it doesn't do much of anything special YET, but still

make it so that they have to have a certain point captured, like what MAS has to do

edit:
speaking of special things:
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 10:03:22 PM by Lego lad »

speaking of special things:
-snip-
Do you have something planned or are you just showing Aron off?

Hey, I'm making a Bugs vs. MAS trenchwar server, and I'm not sure what sort of weapons the MAS guns are supposed to be paired up with. They don't use ammo like T&T does.

Whenever army hosts a server he ususally uses TT anyway

Hey, I'm making a Bugs vs. MAS trenchwar server, and I'm not sure what sort of weapons the MAS guns are supposed to be paired up with. They don't use ammo like T&T does.

You could skip using most of the MAS weapons if you want. Really depends on your map and balancing of your classes.
I would recommend using at least the bug zapper though.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 11:11:28 PM by ArmyUnit »

I'm hosting the server, for anyone interested.
My name's Lithium in the server list.

I'm hosting the server, for anyone interested.
My name's Lithium in the server list.

Nice
I have loads of homework to do but I'll stop by if I can.

EDIT: Unfortunately your server has no ping on my end, and I can't join. :(
Doesn't even send punch packets. Have you port forwarded?

EDIT2: just noticed many of the images on the first page are broke. Anyone seeing the same thing? Regardless, I need to reorganize the first posts before too long, so I might just upload more up-to-date images anyway.
Someone remind me to do that later this month please. I should have plenty of time once finals are over.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 04:07:03 PM by ArmyUnit »

Nice
I have loads of homework to do but I'll stop by if I can.

EDIT: Unfortunately your server has no ping on my end, and I can't join. :(
Doesn't even send punch packets. Have you port forwarded?

EDIT2: just noticed many of the images on the first page are broke. Anyone seeing the same thing? Regardless, I need to reorganize the first posts before too long, so I might just upload more up-to-date images anyway.
Someone remind me to do that later this month please. I should have plenty of time once finals are over.

Been having to restart a few times to get a certain add-on sorted. Try now.
Edit: If this doesn't work, I'll try port forwarding later, since I can't right now. I know some people can connect, at least.
Edit2: Yeah, the images on the front page are broken, except the powersuit, firefly, tremormite swimmer, and scarab-wasp combat and proto images.

Edit 3: None of the flying bugs can return flags. Is this intentional? They can pick them up, and everything else seems to be fine.

Edit 4: I'll just host it later after I can port forward.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 05:46:35 PM by Brixmon »

Been having to restart a few times to get a certain add-on sorted. Try now.
Edit: If this doesn't work, I'll try port forwarding later, since I can't right now. I know some people can connect, at least.
Edit2: Yeah, the images on the front page are broken, except the powersuit, firefly, tremormite swimmer, and scarab-wasp combat and proto images.

Edit 3: None of the flying bugs can return flags. Is this intentional? They can pick them up, and everything else seems to be fine.

Edit 4: I'll just host it later after I can port forward.

@2: Thanks for the confirmation. Will fix when I have time and get around to it (someone remind me pls)

@3: Ah, I forgot about that glitch. It's partially on Slayer's side, but I can circumvent the issue without too much difficulty. It has to do with Slayer's usage of bots IIRC. In any case, thanks for reminding me of that issue. It's been quite a while since I last worked on these (other projects and school), so I've been out of the swing of things.

@4: Sad to hear things didn't work out for today. Maybe when you are able to host, I'll have more time to join hopefully.