Poll

What to focus on first?

Polish and mod completion (add special functionality to bugs and stuff that have been needing it)
Finish and release the MAS Magma Exo-suit
Finish the MAS Scarab-Wasp playertypes
Create more ASN (robotic) playertypes
Finish up and release the currently exsistant but unrelased bugs (the Tremormites, the two spiders, BugMod 3, ect)
Work on the remainder of the wasps
Work on new bugs!
Create more MAS weapons/suits/items/ect

Author Topic: The Bug & MAS Mods (Server coming maybe)  (Read 646222 times)

I think a video would be better suited than just still images.
MY TIME TO SHINE

I have actually been working on this I promise really

Bump, got any news on the progress?

Bump, got any news on the progress?

Not much, unfortunately. I've been busy with school and other game projects. The Exo-Suit needs code to be made for the jetpack (which is Lordician's job atm, but he is very busy with irl, so I might have to make that myself in the end). I still have a some animations to make for the Exo-Suit, but not a huge amount, and I also need to make a number of effects and sounds.
I think the plasma cutter also needs it's script mostly redone, but that's not as much of a priority as the jetpack code.

As for other Bug/MAS mods, nothing really has been done. There are a few bug mods that could be finished and put ingame, but I feel like no one really cares about the Bug mods anymore, so I'm not sure I'll bother finish those bugs for Blockland.
I've gotten to the point where I'd rather develop stuff in Unity, because there I have much more freedom to make whatever functionality I want and I have access to much better physics (I could actually implement stuff crawling on walls with proper animations, for example). Not saying I'm actually making a full-blown Bugs/MAS game at the moment, but I suppose it's a possibility for the distant future.

holy stuff this thread is 6 years old

I won't let this project die until I've finished a sufficient amount of it. :P
I really ought to just move on, though.

I won't let this project die until I've finished a sufficient amount of it. :P
I really ought to just move on, though.

Bump

Maybe you could make this thing open sourced? Or hand development to someone else?

Anyway, anything getting close to release?

The Exo-Suit is getting close, but it still needs a but more work.

And on the subject of turning this project over to someone else, I would only do so if I found the right person for the job. I don't really like the idea of releasing my .blend models to the open public, at least not until they are done.

ok let me know when im receiving it

I have also been thinking about you releasing some misc assets for map makers to use, like the different trench dig speeds for example.

It's up to you, but personally.. I'd really enjoy that.. xP

I have also been thinking about you releasing some misc assets for map makers to use, like the different trench dig speeds for example.

It's up to you, but personally.. I'd really enjoy that.. xP

Those are actually incredibly easy to make, just saying.
I could certinally make some sort of digging tool variations pack, though.

Is there a way to get the download link for the Bug mod ? i got the Bug mod 1 but i would like to get the other ?

Is there a way to get the download link for the Bug mod ? i got the Bug mod 1 but i would like to get the other ?

All the currently released bug mods can be obtained from here: https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=272520.msg8080685#msg8080685

All of the links should still work, but if you run into any trouble, please let me know.

Bump for some progress (on currently unannounced things)
Also, my semester is over with, so I have about a month to work on things. Here's to hoping we'll be seeing a server or two later this month or possibly in the new year.