Poll

What to focus on first?

Polish and mod completion (add special functionality to bugs and stuff that have been needing it)
Finish and release the MAS Magma Exo-suit
Finish the MAS Scarab-Wasp playertypes
Create more ASN (robotic) playertypes
Finish up and release the currently exsistant but unrelased bugs (the Tremormites, the two spiders, BugMod 3, ect)
Work on the remainder of the wasps
Work on new bugs!
Create more MAS weapons/suits/items/ect

Author Topic: The Bug & MAS Mods (Server coming maybe)  (Read 644153 times)

« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 06:43:29 PM by ArmyUnit »

YOU DONT WANT TO KNOW

Of course i do! What's the worse that can happen?

Don't worry, it is not a joke.
Or it was a very bad one...

Don't worry, it is not a joke.
Or it was a very bad one...

Oh that's right, I guess you left the server before we revealed the new bug, so you don't know what it is. :(

i suffer alone...........

Lego's approval on the new bug was more than enough to show that it was worth making. :)

always dope to see this server being hosted because its a nice original idea.

would like to see a larger and more detailed map at some point tho, the build now is nice but kinda bland. i think something with a jungle/heavy forest theme would be very cool. essentially a MAS base in the center of a large, dense wooded area, with 2-3 capture points outside of the main base that are p exposed. the base itself would be very well defended, (maybe finish some of those turrets??) and difficult to get into. the dense woods would give the bugs a big advantage, because MAS wouldn't be able to just pick them off at a distance anymore, and flying bugs would be a lot less visible. MAS players would have to travel in groups to avoid ambushes ect. tacticts would be a lil more necessary for both sides.

im not sure how the trench dig mod works, but if you can choose where you want "diggable" spots, you could have it so most of the map wouldn't be diggable, but basically the entire underground would be, and there would be multiple spots where you could make holes to the surface. probably also a couple exploits in the main MAS base so the bugs would have a few entry points besides going straight in.

i would build it myself but im stuff at building. just an idea tho, keep up the good work

Yeah I 100% agree with you that the map wasn't so great. I built it in like a week with sub-optimal planning while working on mods and other things lol. Technically it was supposed to be a completely rough "draft" of the map for testing purposes, and my plan was to add detail later on. Buuut I got a little carried away with some areas, so it has a sloppy mix of some detail and basically no detail. Basically working under time constraints in a nutshell.

I love your ideas for a forest/jungle map, and the theme is something I've wanted to explore for ages Some of the original backstory of the mods took place in a jungle, and I always wanted to recreate that bit of the story in one way or another.
I'm not really sure how I'd implement the trench mod in that case though. I'm honestly considering just totally leaving it out of some builds, as it comes with its own set of gameplay problems, despite how interesting it can be. I might implement it the way you recommended, but I'm not too keen on having only predefined exit holes. Now would what be really cool (and terribly tedious to do) would be to pre-build ALL of the tree roots, and then cover them with dirt, so that you could dig around the trees without causing them to float, and it would give the underground areas a bit more substance beyond the normal "sea of dirt with a random structure in the middle".

But anyway, I really like the idea, and it's much more plausible to make now I think thanks to all the tree bricks that have come out. Back when I was really working on these mods heavily, those trees didn't even exist.
I can't say when I'll actually have to work on it due to my classes, but I certinally should get to working on planning and designing it.
And thank you for the suggestions!

I wouldnt mind more cave maps, like that one non-trench one you have. Maybe add some toxic waste or something to explain why there are so many mutant bugs in that single area

You mean the map jitank made?

More maps like that would be awesome

Should there be a map with vallies and cliffs? To focus more on aerial combat? There could be use for the M.A.S Swarm fighters, and transport..

Should there be a map with vallies and cliffs? To focus more on aerial combat? There could be use for the M.A.S Swarm fighters, and transport..
i think we already have a canyon map like that