Author Topic: Zombie %1 in Gamemode_Zombie  (Read 1409 times)

In Gamemode_zombie (Left 4 Block), a zombie will sometimes spawn that looks like someone in the server, it will have their exact colors, face, decal etc. Also, when the zombie kills a player it will display the kill message as Zombie [Player Name (the one who is in the server and looks alike) killed [Player]. I can't seem to find in the Zombie_Appearances.txt where this is, or in any .cs files. Does anyone know what controls if a zombie looks like a player in the server, I would like to remove this code.

In Gamemode_zombie (Left 4 Block), a zombie will sometimes spawn that looks like someone in the server, it will have their exact colors, face, decal etc. Also, when the zombie kills a player it will display the kill message as Zombie [Player Name (the one who is in the server and looks alike) killed [Player]. I can't seem to find in the Zombie_Appearances.txt where this is, or in any .cs files. Does anyone know what controls if a zombie looks like a player in the server, I would like to remove this code.
BAH
thats one of the best parts of the gamemode. Stop removing and editing everything in it and just simply release it of a mod of left4block. Seriously. You have already removed specials and made them have proper clothing, it would be simple too make it a mod of left4block, with credit and all that extra junk.

I'm not releasing anything, this is for my own personal use. Plus, it makes no sense, why would there be a zombie you, even if you're not dead yet?

I'm not releasing anything, this is for my own personal use. Plus, it makes no sense, why would there be a zombie you, even if you're not dead yet?

1: Ya, he's being weird.
2: For fun. :o Is this Rots?

1: Ya, he's being weird.
2: For fun. :o Is this Rots?

Yes, this is Rotondo's zombie mod. I am turning into a more 'modern classic' zombie gamemode. Just Slow, Normal, and Fast zombies. And no ridiculous medieval hats or medieval decals. Also no more 'smiley' faces, I edit it so they are all asciiTerror or Iban's Zombie Faces. I just need to find the part or know where it is to remove the player zombies that look like players on the server.

Yes, this is Rotondo's zombie mod. I am turning into a more 'modern classic' zombie gamemode. Just Slow, Normal, and Fast zombies. And no ridiculous medieval hats or medieval decals. Also no more 'smiley' faces, I edit it so they are all asciiTerror or Iban's Zombie Faces. I just need to find the part or know where it is to remove the player zombies that look like players on the server.

Aww, but I'm in Rot's version. :panda:

Aww, but I'm in Rot's version. :panda:

I'm not talking about the names as in Zombie [Name] killed [Player]. I'm talking about the code that generates zombie versions of the players that are currently in the server. Like say I join a zombie server, the script will create a zombie that has the same exact decal and face as me and will disply my name when that zombie kills someone.

Do you know that there actually IS a script? >:3

orly.  :cookieMonster:

Iban's ZAPT pretty much already does this, generating appearances with dark colours and a limited set of decals so they look realistic-ish. Plus there's scripts to customise the appearance or colours for certain zombies e.g. soldier has an armor plate, most special kinds have different skin colours.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 03:48:28 PM by Space Guy »

How else could the gamemode generate a zombie 'you'? It's not in the Zombie_Appearances.txt. Last time I checked, I don't know where else it could be though.

this happens often in my server

this happens often in my server

This is not a problem with the gamemode, it is a script that does this. I'm trying to find 'where' it is in the .zip so I can get rid of it so no more zombies that look like you spawn while you are alive. It just makes no sense.