Author Topic: F!SH3R  (Read 1991 times)

Just change it to:

Fusion Sequenced Helium, as that is basically the sun.

But I don't want the sun... :(

But I don't want the sun... :(
But, I thought they wanted energy.

But, I thought they wanted energy.

From crystals! That's why they have to mine!

The idea is good, but the overall structure you are presenting is not the best. And won't humans trying to mine just lead to campers in the mines? You need to think of all the situations in which the game could just get down right boring. Can their be maybe some side objectives, among other things? 

The idea is good, but the overall structure you are presenting is not the best. And won't humans trying to mine just lead to campers in the mines? You need to think of all the situations in which the game could just get down right boring. Can their be maybe some side objectives, among other things? 

What do you mean structure? I'm sorry if it was confusing as to what I want, I typed it up at 3am.

Basically, all the teams are equal. They all spawn in a randomly placed base. Everyone can dig.

The main objective for all the teams is to destroy the other two teams' bases.
A secondary objective would be to gather as many crystals as you can to unlock better weapons and pay for barriers.

As for gameplay, this is how the game would unfold. H = Humans, N = Natives, A = Aemnd:

H, N, and A all spawn in their bases. They are all given a basic weapon. The players from each team start mining to get minerals to unlock better weapons and to start scouting for other teams' bases. H unlocks the rifle and the minigun. Shortly after, A unlocks acid spit and assassination. N is having a hard time finding minerals, so they only have the rifle unlocked. An A player finds a tunnel, and after a while of scouting it, he runs into a H player. They start shooting each other and eventually the A player is killed. The H player alerts his team and they start rushing to build more barricades and they try to find the tunnel which leads to A's base. The A player alerts his team and they prepare to defend their base. As these teams are fighting to gain control of the tunnels, N is given time to find minerals to finish unlocking weapons and build barricades. Eventually, A dominates and destroys H's base. All the players that were on H are now on A. All the A members then go scout for N's base.  Eventually they find it and duke it out. With the additional time to build defense, N's base is fortified while A's base is not due to the recent battle. But A has twice as many players as N.

That's kinda what I imagine the gameplay to be like. Also, maybe there should be some kind of 4th, super weapon given to the last team (In the example, that would be N) to compensate for the lack of players on their team.

Snip
I can't really find a way to explain myself in words. Good luck with the project though, seems like it would be pretty fun.

I like the idea, but "Fusion Sequenced Hydrogen" makes no sense at all.

It could be Hydrogen which is in a formation which allows for it to be realistically used for fusion power.  The only problem is the word "sequenced", which would imply multiple different items in a specific order, though if it were different isotopes of hydrogen that might make a little sense.  It's a bad acronym, but whatever, lots of things don't make much sense.

Anywho, what will you actually be doing for this mod?

I can't really find a way to explain myself in words. Good luck with the project though, seems like it would be pretty fun.

Thanks anyway.

Anywho, what will you actually be doing for this mod?

I'm going to model the human weapons. If I can learn to animate, I'll animate them also. I might try to do some scripting, but I doubt anything will come of it. Mainly, I'm trying to cooridinate the project and make sure it actually gets done. But I'm going to need some help.