Does anybody want unlimited datablocks?

YESH. DO IT NOW.
6 (60%)
Yes.
0 (0%)
Maybe
4 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: Request for v16 to have UNLIMITED DATABLOCKS!!!  (Read 3756 times)

I'm tired of haveing the limit to 4095. I want it to be it like 99999999999999999999999999999 9. Just please fix it that way cuz i have a ton of addons waiting to be used and executed!!! >=(

Solution: Don't have so many add-ons

The current limit is just fine and keeps everyone from waiting 5 days when trying to connect to a server with that much add-ons

Get rid of your stuffty add ons

Only enable the add-ons which you are using and you'll have no problems.

Also, there is a reason for datablocks to be limited.  Every time the limit is increased the game requires more bandwidth to transfer info.  Considering that the current number allows for any reasonable amount of add-ons to be used, there is no reason to increase it.

Don't you need around like 1000 add-ons to fill up that?

The solution is actually to get add-on makers to use and duplicate less datablocks. Most people who make guns will just grab the Weapon_Gun add-on, replace the model and give it a new damage amount and then rename all the datablocks. That's about ~15 datablocks in total when all you really need for an entirely new gun is 3. Same with vehicles, everyone duplicates the splash/damage/explosion emitters but never changes them so that's a good ~20 datablocks wasted too.

The current limit is just fine and keeps everyone from waiting 5 days when trying to connect to a server with that much add-ons

I agree with this.

I'm pretty sure you don't want this, Shadow. Waiting 5 days of lifeless waiting...

The solution is actually to get add-on makers to use and duplicate less datablocks. Most people who make guns will just grab the Weapon_Gun add-on, replace the model and give it a new damage amount and then rename all the datablocks. That's about ~15 datablocks in total when all you really need for an entirely new gun is 3. Same with vehicles, everyone duplicates the splash/damage/explosion emitters but never changes them so that's a good ~20 datablocks wasted too.
Exactly.
I monitor my datablock usage every time I start a server to see what I do or don't need.

Here's the thing: I select the ones i want, and i'm sure that's less than the limit, but it says, "You have too many add-ons enabled. Some add-ons may not be enabled."
That's why. I just have a ton.
My method to try to.
Open RTB Mod Manager.
Click disable button.
Go to Start Server.
Select the ones in the Blockland made addon manager.
Start up my server with addons selected and map selected.
Still says it.
I just wish it would be like unlimited.

Then nobody will join your server and you will have to wait long to load server datablocks anyways  :cookieMonster:

I'm tired of haveing the limit to 4095. I want it to be it like 99999999999999999999999999999 9. Just please fix it that way cuz i have a ton of addons waiting to be used and executed!!! >=(
speak the qweens engrish my boi

Here's the thing: I select the ones i want, and i'm sure that's less than the limit, but it says, "You have too many add-ons enabled. Some add-ons may not be enabled."
That's why. I just have a ton.
My method to try to.
Open RTB Mod Manager.
Click disable button.
Go to Start Server.
Select the ones in the Blockland made addon manager.
Start up my server with addons selected and map selected.
Still says it.
I just wish it would be like unlimited.

You have too many add-ons. Just turn some off.

From what I've heard, things may be liable to break if it's raised higher, so there's no chance of it being raised. Stop downloading so many add-ons and only enable a few and not a forgetton.

I'm pretty sure you don't want this, Shadow. Waiting 5 days of lifeless waiting...
I have an incredibly fast internet long loads are nothing for me.