Author Topic: Elevators v1.1  (Read 150264 times)

More elevator button prints, this time square; posted here: http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=119532.0

elevatorGoToBrick won't work.

elevatorGoToBrick won't work.

Yes it does. You have to type in the name of a brick into the textbox and it goes to the height of the brick. It doesn't go left or right. (Which I HIGHLY want.)

You should make this able to move diagonally/sideways. Like a platform. Also perhaps a RTB preference to whether it looks like a brick or like glass. IDK

onElevatorArrive is irritating. Its behavior it unpredictable and will not follow any consistent rules.

It is, to my knowledge, supposed to be on the brick the elevator is arriving at, but it erratically causes other bricks to recieve the events when, for example, this is evented:

onElevatorArrive > Self > setColor ( Red )
I'm going to bring this up again.

You should make this able to move diagonally/sideways. Like a platform. Also perhaps a RTB preference to whether it looks like a brick or like glass. IDK
I'll get back to you with a sliding platform save, but it'll be with setPlayerTransform and VCE, not with elevators.

..Elevators move things between elevations, not on a horizontal axis.

hehe horivator. but that makes it sound, horrible. so..... horizontalvator :/

i dunno.....

*Cough*Charile and the chocolate factory elevator*Cough*

OnTopic:Nice work, still, it would be nice with some side to side.

OnTopic:Nice work, still, it would be nice with some side to side.
It's not an elevator if it would move from side to side. It would be a
horivator

It's not an elevator if it would move from side to side. It would be a

The original Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory had the best elevator... What did he call it, again? Well, either way... like that?

Yes you know, yes I'm restating, but meh I'll say it again: RTB for v0002 had elevators. They could move all directions, and you could set them to move so far, so fast, you'd end up in some black zone. I remember making elevators like that, the server admin used it, and then thought I hacked him and banned me.

My point: I don't even know.

The original Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory had the best elevator... What did he call it, again? Well, either way... like that?
The Wonkavator.

Also, I really wanted these elevators, but the link won't work for me or my friend... plus, get these on RTB.  :cookieMonster:

tha link isnt working

I think there is a bit of functionality missing: you can't summon the elevator from another floor. In my copy, I added the ability to instantly move the elevator to any named brick:

Code: [Select]
function fxDTSBrick::elevatorSetBrick(%this, %brickname, %client)
{
    if(%this.isElevator)
    {
        %group = getBrickGroupFromObject(%this);
        %dest = eval("return "@ %group @".NTObject_"@ %brickname @"_0;");
        if(isObject(%dest))
        {
            if(%dest.getDatablock().brickSizeZ == 1)
            {
                cancel(%this.elevatorGlass.schedule);
                %this.elevatorGlass.setTransform(setWord(%this.elevatorGlass.getTransform(), 2, getWord(%dest.getTransform(), 2)));
            }
        }
    }
}

And of course:
Code: [Select]
registerOutputEvent("fxDTSBrick", "elevatorSetBrick", "String 25 150");

Technically, I think GotoBrick should be named MoveToBrick, then this function could be called GoToBrick, but I didn't want to have to fix it everywhere in my build.

If someone/thing is on the elevator when you summon it, it falls. Fun!

Yes it does. You have to type in the name of a brick into the textbox and it goes to the height of the brick. It doesn't go left or right. (Which I HIGHLY want.)
That's what I do, but it won't work.