Author Topic: BC Development  (Read 115460 times)

Images by Kyzor

Blockland Cloud
I am in the making of an add-on similar to RTB. Cloud will hopefully contain more features than RTB.

Features:
(this is mostly a comparison and changes from RTB, and yes, same layout as its thread)

• Everything RTB has - How can BC move ahead if it can't compete?

• Add-on Manager - Add-ons can be installed from here without leaving Blockland's window. You are able to rate and comment on add-ons from this window.

• Forums - Scratch-written forum that is attached to an online version of the Add-on Manager. The forums will include a few boards in which you can post topics in, like the Blockland forums.

• Chat - Chat from within anywhere in Blockland by setting a keybind or entering the chat from the main menu. Chat will include friend lists and PMing. When a major event happens such as a BC update, the chat will notify you.

• Player Tracking - Information about where you are is sent to the BC server. If you're in a server, other players can see whose server you are in considering if you have turned the privacy settings on.

• Server Information - Other people may see what players, what their scores are, and what add-ons you have enabled straight from the server list in-game.

• Colorset Management - BC will provide a colorset manager which enables you to download colorsets like any other add-on. You can also choose what colorset you want to use.

• Server Options - The Ingame Server Manager will allow your Super Admins to manage your server by controlling the Auto Admin list, all the server preferences etc.

• Game Tips - Game tips will not be provided while loading, but instead will be provided in a list either online, or in-game. Game tips may appear as you do a certain action while in a server. I have yet to decide based on your opinions.

• Auto-Updater - Like Blockland version updates, BC will provide an auto-updater whenever a new version is released. If you're connected to the chat, you'll be notified in a similar way to how RTB receives a PM.

• Content-Downloading - BC will provide much faster "content-downloading" which will make you load faster when you join a server that has add-ons you don't (provided that the add-ons were downloaded from BC). Blockland's built-in add-on downloading is too slow.

Feel free to talk about anything you'd like to see in it.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 09:51:22 AM by Kalphiter »

Looks sorta like an RTB clone. But I will just have to wait and see what features you put out there.

So you're actually trying to do this?

Looks sorta like an RTB clone. But I will just have to wait and see what features you put out there.
It is an RTB clone. Compare the topics. Honestly Kalph by doing this you're not seeming to be any better than those cigarettes over at TBM. You're just trying to make something that already is.

It is an RTB clone.
(this is mostly a comparison and changes from RTB, and yes, same layout as its thread)
Detective Nick is at it again!

The Add-On manager line sticks out too much, imo.

Also, I would recommend changing how the main menu looks with Cloud, because right now it looks like you just took all the ideas of it and changed it a bit. (Ex: The &)

The Add-On manager line sticks out too much, imo.

Also, I would recommend changing how the main menu looks with Cloud, because right now it looks like you just took all the ideas of it and changed it a bit. (Ex: The &)
I'm going to consider deleting the amp.
I didn't want it to be too close to RTB's "Mod Manager", but I might truncate it to "Add-ons".

Maybe change the size of the buttons to the default buttons too. Will lover the length they go out and back the menu look less crammed.

So Kalph, why (besides being butthurt) are you remaking RTB?

Why would I be butthurt? This thread isn't for stuffting, it's for your opinions.

Why would I be butthurt? This thread isn't for stuffting, it's for your opinions.

Kk, but you didn't tell me why you're remaking RTB.

There really is nothing wrong with friendly competition(despite comments made by me in the earlier thread). Just let him make the mod and we will see how it turns out. You are shooting him down without even giving him a chance.

There really is nothing wrong with friendly competition(despite comments made by me in the earlier thread). Just let him make the mod and we will see how it turns out. You are shooting him down without even giving him a chance.
I don't need to give him a chance. It looks exactly and most likely will operate exactly like RTB.

Kk, but you didn't tell me why you're remaking RTB.
1. Because I can
2. Too many things that need to be improved
3. RTB's features are rolled out too slowly
4. Encouraged by time-filled summer

I don't need to give him a chance. It looks exactly and most likely will operate exactly like RTB.
He'll most likely change some stuff up so it fits his idea. Anyway competition is good.

Can't wait to see some progress updates, I'm curious how this will become.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 03:59:09 PM by HellsHero »

1. Because I can
2. Too many things that need to be improved
3. Ephialtes is slow
K.

Also, to everyone who's telling me to stfu, I'm gonna lol if Ephi comes in here and bashes it and everyone then proceeds to change their opinion. Also, Kalph, are you going to make compatibility in the IRC and Mod Manger with RTB's for people who don't switch to Cloud?