Author Topic: BC Development  (Read 114573 times)

no-edit: that sorta backfired seeing to that it bumped me to the next page >.>

So when the forget will this be done

So when the forget will this be done
Its never going to be done and never should be done.

Its never going to be done and never should be done.
You took it seriously

We wanted a gallery. I would dig up the quotes, but too much work.
I've already made a gallery which I've long-since disabled. I was already planning to add this in.

What features? No one gave me any features.
There weren't a whole lot of features actually suggested here, but you have 45 pages of what people DON'T want. Right now, the primary goal of your mod is delivering content people don't want. Here's a big hint: cross out bullets 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 11 because nobody wants them, we have them already. You're not going to do them better, at best you'll do them the same in quality. They want new stuff.

Since this thread seems to be lacking in new ideas and you're incapable of thinking of new features on your own I'd be more than happy to refer you to an entire forum full of bright forward thinking individuals who would love to have you make their ideas a reality. Open a "what do you want" thread in modification discussion or suggestions and watch as it gets flooded with all kinds of neat innovative ideas.

I'll just repeat, once again, not only is the current iteration of this mod poorly thought out, and overall a poor attempt at trolling and revenge, it will not work, it will not succeed, it cannot become popular, and not because of any failure on your part. There is only room for one content delivery system and add-on host in this community and it's filled. Even if BC is perfect (which it definitely won't be) it wouldn't be able to upset the weight behind RTB.

Hosting this on a residential connection (pretty sure that was mentioned many pages ago) is also wishful thinking. It's not going to work, sorry. What are you going to do when your mom complains she can't feed her cows on farmville because a random Russian botnet is DDOSing your site? What are you going to do when the cable company switches over to a tiered pricing plan and starts charging you $300 a month for internet access? What if someone trips a circuit in your house? What if a branch falls on the power lines? What if someone bumps your server around? This stuff happens a lot more often at homes than it does to a server cabinet over in a random office building in California, which probably has a backup generator and a UPS as well. It's fine if you're hosting a game server but if you're providing persistent chat and downloading services to people it's unacceptable.

As an example for power interruptions, my downstairs outlets and oven are on the same circuit. In the winter we run an electric space heater downstairs. Whenever the oven and the space heater are on at the same time, the circuit trips and 3 out of the 4 computers in my house get shut down. This literally happens every other day in the winter because people forget to check the heater before turning on the oven.

Obviously this is an issue specific to me, but it is also an example of the kind of stuff that you do have to worry about on a residential connection. While RTB's downtime is relatively short and almost always attributable to being DDOS'd or server hardware changes, BC is going to have embarrassing stuff on it's blog like "Sorry BC was down for 16 hours yesterday, dog pissed on surge protector, had to get a 1 day rush delivery from Best Buy" or "LOL server went down for 2 hours today, I was trying to vacuum while mom was cooking and the water heater kicked in and blew a fuse!"

I'll download since it sounds better the "Return to Blockland"(We are already in blockland XD)

I'll download since it sounds better the "Return to Blockland"(We are already in blockland XD)

Judging a book by it's title? I think not.

You're going to download a mod that isn't even ready yet because of the name?

You probably would eat a meal named "Le Gourmet Merde" just because it sounds fancier than "Oven Roasted Chicken", even though "Le Gourmet Merde" is actually The Gourmet Poop in French.

I think I will stick with the system that has served me amazingly for the last 2 years.

I think I will stick with the system that has served me amazingly for the last 2 years.
Amazingly for me for the past 5, since RTB1.043 lol.

Since a year after I joined so Like maybe three to four 6k ID