Author Topic: Scripting Easiest Program/need help  (Read 2502 times)

I thought that you had to purchase codeweaver.
I didn't have to... Unless they have changed it, its free, and In My opinion, better than Torsion.

yes most of it, but not all, some codes are locked away in .dts files, like some main functions in Blockland. if those file were open and were able  to be edited, people could almost entirely re-write Blockland. Please correct me if i am wrong, I am a new scripter as well.

yes most of it, but not all, some codes are locked away in .dts files, like some main functions in Blockland. if those file were open and were able  to be edited, people could almost entirely re-write Blockland. Please correct me if i am wrong, I am a new scripter as well.
.dts files are models. The main scripts are hidden in .cs.dso files. They are Tribes 2 Compiled Scripts.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 09:28:17 AM by Munkey »

.dts files are models. The main scripts are hidden in .cs.dso files. They are Tribes 2 Compiled Scripts.

Wait, is that the encryption? Because I remember looking at DSO files in v0002, and the ones in Retail now are much more encrypted...

Wait, is that the encryption? Because I remember looking at DSO files in v0002, and the ones in Retail now are much more encrypted...
They arn't cs.dso, They are just .cs in v0002.

They arn't cs.dso, They are just .cs in v0002.

I don't think you get what I'm saying. With .dso files made in v0002, you could still see a lot of the code. With Retail, .dso files in it are much more encrypted. Almost nothing can be read.

I don't think you get what I'm saying. With .dso files made in v0002, you could still see a lot of the code. With Retail, .dso files in it are much more encrypted. Almost nothing can be read.
You can't read .cs.dso files.

You can't read .cs.dso files.

... I know that. I'm saying you used to still be able to guess a little, because not all the data within was encrypted. The new dso files used are much too encrypted to guess.

Edit: Examples:

Quote from: main.cs.dso from v0002 common folder
!   /  exec ./defaults.cs initCommon setRandomSeed initBaseClient initBaseServer displayHelp common Parent error parseArgs %i $Game::argc $Game::argv %arg %nextArg %hasNextArg $pref::Video::fullScreen $argUsed $pref::Video::displayDevice onStart echo onExit export False BanList OpenALShutdown activatePackage       ./client/canvas.cs ./client/audio.cs ./client/message.cs ./client/mission.cs ./client/missionDownload.cs ./client/actionMap.cs ./editor/editor.cs ./server/audio.cs ./server/server.cs ./server/message.cs ./server/commands.cs ./server/missionInfo.cs ./server/missionLoad.cs ./server/missionDownload.cs

Quote from: main.cs.dso from Retail base folder

Z6 
l@= ` t3  0   p
o
Z7<Eo+R  #
Z0
   WbQ  \* 
V6 c]& X1
3      MCP
@
]ZcBL
F ZcBLVA 3LZ 

BPuA[
   ]Z
]& oZ] V @
]/ZcBLR < oZ]E@
 ^Lt\@

See? Retail obviously uses a better encryption method. Barely anything shows in normal text, if at all.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 04:15:30 PM by MegaScientifical »