Author Topic: And the OG's have spoken...  (Read 2758 times)

Now, stuff got a little out of hand with my last topic "The legends of Blockland" but this time this should be a bit more reasonable. So here's the deal.

I want to try to get some of the older blocklander's that came here around the time blockland was started. (aka-Original Gansterssuch as i). And i would like some of you to post your opinions about blockland or what should be changed in the game. this may get a little interesting...

Last note, anyone can post their opinions, it's not restricted to anyone. I'm just trying to get a good number of our old blockland veterans to post their opinions about blockland.

Honestly I dont think anything really needs to be changed in blockland game wise. Everything in blockland is more or less better than v002 in every way.

Edit: there are so few of us left that were here before the last forum wipe.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 01:59:59 AM by ase »

Every step Badspot takes Blockland is a step for the better.

He's not the kind of developer where they just totally remove something because some people were abusing it, he finds a workaround for the abuse and fixes it.

He also added a lot of things we thought wouldn't ever be in Blockland like Events and Physics (most of which was Kompressor)

I greatly disagree, maybe their are some things we may be missing that people may want additional to the game it's self besides add-ons.

I greatly disagree, maybe their are some things we may be missing that people may want additional to the game it's self besides add-ons.
What do you feel needs to be changed about then game then?

So if he trips is it a step back?

So if he trips is it a step back?
This isnt part of the discussion.

What do you feel needs to be changed about then game then?
Well i don't feel that there should be changes at the moment, but more addiotional things. like a friend's list, a status indicator that could be used for a few things for example-
to show that a friend is onlie/offline, what server is that friend in or an invite to someone server. Just simple stuff such as that.

Recently an update came out that upgraded the packet rate which is awesome but it still needs to be faster. People with 10mps connections are dwindled by this packet restriction and we have to wait hours to download add-ons from servers. An even higher packet rate would make my day.

Well i don't feel that there should be changes at the moment, but more addiotional things. like a friend's list, a status indicator that could be used for a few things for example-
to show that a friend is onlie/offline, what server is that friend in or an invite to someone server. Just simple stuff such as that.
It's called steam br0

It's called steam br0
Yeah! And instead of adding Physics he could have just given us a download link to Phun

He's not the kind of developer where they just totally remove something because some people were abusing it, he finds a workaround for the abuse and fixes it.
Wait, what.

When did this happen?

I'm actually pretty content with BL. Nothing more that I really want changed that can't already be done. But there is one thing...

Badspot needs to make an engine change (I'm pretty sure) to allow the 2d mod to work!

Also, 4-year (Maybe 5 as I played before I joined the forums) vet right here...

I'd suggest Badspot actually researches stuff for our problems before he responds.