Poll

Do you agree their are not enough blocks for blockland?

Yes.
36 (60%)
No.
24 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Author Topic: Blockland bricks..  (Read 9322 times)

1 Random Brick Pack should be default.

Generally, the amount of bricks the game has without download is fine, it's just lately that people feel the lack of bricks because of all the new brick releases. I've realised that after searching for more possible bricks to make for Blockland that most of the useful ones are already made for the game. Tophius and I are working on another brick pack, and after we release this brick pack, it'll probably be the last brick pack I'll make, maybe even Tophius' too since all the useful ones are already made. Unless Blockland will someday be able to rotate bricks vertically, I don't see much more useful bricks to make. :cookieMonster:

Also, just join the servers which have these new bricks enabled, there are plenty. After all, it's up to Badspot whether he wants to make all these new brick default, maybe he can't for copyright reasons?

I personally would like the brick selection to be filled in more.  There are many gaps in the library (such as 1x14, and 2x16) that would really be nice to have as it's annoying to have a spot that big and need to split it up in some hackish way with smaller bricks.

That, and inverse corner bricks should be default.
/agree
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 06:32:22 PM by General »

verily so.

I use default and a few of Toph's, and that's it.
I use all of Toph and General's and One Random Brick Pack.

maybe he can't for copyright reasons?
Nope, he technically owns all Blockland add-ons.  I only knew Skylands was going to be a default map because Trader told me it was in one of the new betas, and I never was contacted in any way to be asked or told that it was going to become a default map.  Not that I mind anywho, but yeah, he can include them if he wants with no legal concerns because of the BL user agreement.

Nope, he technically owns all Blockland add-ons.  I only knew Skylands was going to be a default map because Trader told me it was in one of the new betas, and I never was contacted in any way to be asked or told that it was going to become a default map.  Not that I mind anywho, but yeah, he can include them if he wants with no legal concerns because of the BL user agreement.
Oh well. Unless he adds them, on RTB they'll stay.

1 Random Brick Pack should be default.
I wouldn't include that pack as default... I mean, it's a useful pack and all. It's just because I've noticed that most of the bricks in that pack are not up to a good quality, this disappointed me with the pack. They should however, work on fixing the quality of the UVs, normals and collisions before releasing more bricks in the pack. Could this be the reason it was not included in the RTB Advanced Bricks pack?

The default bricks are all I need. If I want anything else to make my building experience easier, I download it.