Poll

wat

11 Schools
24 (30.4%)
1 Cruise Missile
55 (69.6%)

Total Members Voted: 79

Author Topic: The insane cost of war.  (Read 6311 times)

You still have to bury the nuclear waste in some facility.
When people think NUCLEAUR WASTEE they think of glowing green vats of goo.

In reality they're large metal rods, and they're not even that radioactive, they're depleted. They can be disposed of safely by burying the rods after encasing them in concrete (safety precaution), they don't even need a "facility". Everyone thinks they're going to spout a third arm after being near one because they see all the radiation equipment we use to handle them and that creates irrational panic, they don't realize that the men wearing radiation suits deal with this stuff day in day out, not for 5 minutes.

I mean does anyone know how a power plant works? Do they think we just magically pull energy out of super dangerous elements?

It's a gigantic steam generator.
There's no pollution because it's steam, and radiation exists naturally in the universe, especially on earth (or ANYTHING THAT RESIDES IN SPACE). The sun emits so much radiation we can actually sail on it.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 02:14:57 PM by yuki »

Blockland Forums: It's educational.

Once upon a time, about 1,970-something years ago, a man explained to the world how nice it would be if everyone started being good to each other.

That man got nailed to a tree.

That's bullstuff.
Who are you talking about?

Jesus.
You missed the part about Jesus talking heresy and then coming back as a zombie. Oh and the part that we actually have no evidence that he actually exists or that any of that happened, even though there would have been hundreds of witnesses. I understand what you meant, but still.

I suggest you try something with a bit more validity: Martin Luther King or Abraham Lincoln?

You missed the part about Jesus talking heresy and then coming back as a zombie. Oh and the part that we actually have no evidence that he actually exists or that any of that happened, even though there would have been hundreds of witnesses. I understand what you meant, but still.

I suggest you try something with a bit more validity: Martin Luther King or Abraham Lincoln?
I'm actually an atheist.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 02:43:54 PM by Man 2 »

When people think NUCLEAUR WASTEE they think of glowing green vats of goo.

In reality they're large metal rods, and they're not even that radioactive, they're depleted. They can be disposed of safely by burying the rods after encasing them in concrete (safety precaution), they don't even need a "facility". Everyone thinks they're going to spout a third arm after being near one because they see all the radiation equipment we use to handle them and that creates irrational panic, they don't realize that the men wearing radiation suits deal with this stuff day in day out, not for 5 minutes.
-snip-

I mean does anyone know how a power plant works? Do they think we just magically pull energy out of super dangerous elements?
-snip-
It's a gigantic steam generator.
There's no pollution because it's steam, and radiation exists naturally in the universe, especially on earth (or ANYTHING THAT RESIDES IN SPACE). The sun emits so much radiation we can actually sail on it.
I know this is unrelated, but I found the nuclear power plant simulator so entertaining.

Nuclear Fusion is the way to go bro.