Author Topic: Working 12 hour clock  (Read 4899 times)

This a working 12 hour clock I made using events. I have never seen someone else make a working clock in blockland so I thought I would give it a try. The controls to set the time are inside, along with start, stop, and reset buttons. *Note: if you manually set the hour timer above 12 hours it gets messed up so you need to press the hour reset button if you do. Other then this there are no other bugs I know of.
You can also have many other clocks at once that base their time off the main one by naming print bricks in this order (from left to right) hours, hour, minutes, minute, seconds, second. It is also possible to load this into other maps and rotate and move it with the duplicator tool because it handles directional relay events when bricks are rotated so there are no errors when doing so.
*edit: the timescale of the server will effect the clock, and it does not synchronize its time to your computers clock, you have to do that manually.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 05:50:51 PM by Starcraftman »

Sounds cool. May be useful for dedicated servers that are not in the Bedroom.

Sounds cool. May be useful for dedicated servers that are not in the Bedroom.
Or in the Kitchen or GSF Ghost's house.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 06:04:32 PM by Bomb Kirby »

*edit: the timescale of the server will effect the clock
Whoa.

I'm not sure how to describe that with any word in the human language.

Event timings are proportional to the timescale of the server. The clock uses events, therefore a server with .5 timescale will have the clock running at .5 speed (relative to your computer's clock).

I have never seen someone else make a working clock in blockland
Are you kidding me. I see one every 10 seconds.

But OnTopic: I like it for the fact that you figured out how to make it yourself, good job.

Already made this without release, and they use the server's time. They come in both print sizes

Tom

Already made this without release, and they use the server's time. They come in both print sizes
Those aren't events.
And it means nothing if it's not released.

Those aren't events.
And it means nothing if it's not released.
What? I'm just saying, I should release it so that clocks actually work.

easy to make, i had a topic about this i remember, although it was more like the bedroom clock for how high of a time it can go

did you use multiple print bricks or toggles?

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. I have it so that when the second counter has a print count overflow it sends a relay to an array of 6 bricks, which allows it to count up to 60 and then reset back to 0, and add one to the minute counter, and so on.

I've made plent of realtime clocks. THE PROBLEM IS, is that it becomes un-synched after a while. Since it has a .33 second delay on the fire relay your clock will eventually go off time and you will have to re-synch it. Unless you are using a different method somehow.

Actually I was aware of the 33ms delay and the solution to that is actually very simple. There is a separate brick that acts as the counter and its events are this: onrelay->firerelay->self with a 1000 ms delay (one second), and then: on relay->increment print count ->target-> second

This way the actual counter doesn't become desynced because if sending a relay to itself, and the delay is set to a higher number then 33 ms, then no 33 ms delay will be added. The only downside to having so many relays in this clock is that the minute and hour counters take a good 300+ ms to fully update but that really doesn't matter because the second counter is nearly perfectly accurate (off by 33 ms due to enforced delay). I have also let the clock run for a while when set to my computers time, and it does not desync.

Ive made a 24 hour clock on one of Olaf's City RP's, i think..

Also, delays are not always 100% real time, if the server is lagging, the delays will be inaccurate.
There are many ways to avoid the 33ms min delay, i know of about 5, but most of them require Add-ons.