Author Topic: RMS Titanic v.3  (Read 33407 times)

Hey, Bones, whats the latest brick count on that? I think this might be the biggest (single, like not citys) build on retail so far.

got a question, are you making the inside as well or are you doing the skin first then the inside?

The inside is fake  :cookieMonster:

Yes, it's the third Titanic, but there is one major difference. I'll let you see that for yourself. I only have one screen so far, and here it is:

(note: I am building this based heavily on a generated lego model created by Titaniac)
Lol it looks like a toilet!

^Lol it looks like a major bumb!^

^lol that looks like you spelled bump wrong you stupid forget!^

^lol it looks like sheezys an starfish as always!^

What's with the big bumps this week?

What's with the big bumps this week?

A severe lack of fresh content has caused the forum to seek balance by resurrecting long dead portions of itself. Only when balance is restored will this chaos end and peace will reside.

Hey Bones:
 I had a quick question about ship building.  I know you went off a pre-existing model for this particular case.  But in other cases, how do you determine your scale if you're going off of original schematics? In other words, the schematics will have a scale on them, but what is the scale of say a 1x1 block?  It seems like a 1x1 block is actually 1x1x1.5-  and is 1 unit in blockland equal to 1 foot? 

That was the problem with my current ship. Here are the steps I took in finding scale:

1. I figured that the average human height is 5'8" (The smaller the person, the bigger the ship will be)
2. I lied down next to a row of 1x1 blocks and counted the number of them it took to equal my length.
3. I did the same for block height.

In the end, I rounded and assumed that the width of a 1x1 brick is 1 foot, and the height is 15 inches. With this, I simply made the ship's framework 883 bricks long. For the height of say...  a deck, I took the 8 feet, multiplied by 12, and divided by 15.

I hope this helped.

I just make it easy on myself when I make a scale build. It's almost the same as Bones' but with less over complicated division...

1 ft in any direction = 1 brick in any direction. In the end, doors should be 5 or 6 bricks high (depends if you want to use door mod). and walkways should at least be 3 bricks wide.

So if you have a boat 200 ft wide, just make the build 200 bricks wide.

Another great way to make a scale build is to use the BMP script to give you a basic outline of the subject.

I didn't over complicate things. I did the same thing as you, only I did the same for height...  which in the end takes a bit more calculation due to a brick being taller than it is wide.

Yeah, I realise the brick is taller than it is wider, but for me, its just easier to assume a brick is 1 ft high. Either method works.