Author Topic: Is blockland inappropriate?  (Read 6676 times)

There's an in-game, client-side (only people who don't have it will see profanity) curse filter that just changes "naughty" words to a bunch of asterisks.
There is no punishment for profanity, and the curse filter can be turned off if you wish.

Oh -.- again.
There's an in-game, client-side (only people who don't have it will see profanity) curse filter that just changes "naughty" words to a bunch of asterisks.
There is no punishment for profanity, and the curse filter can be turned off if you wish.
Damn it, Peejster beat me to it.

EDIT: Also, I'd stay away from the forums if you don't like swearing.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 05:06:30 PM by JamestheLeet »

Damn it, Peejster beat me to it.
Well, of course
I beat you at everything.

I'm thinking of buying the full version of Blockland, and I'm 14 :P, I can take cuss words, but is there any of the "stuff" in Blockland a lot? O_O
Quote from: Badspot - http://blockland.us/FAQ.html#h3
Q: Is Blockland appropriate for children?
A:
The single player game contains no graphic violence or adult content, and the online environment is fairly clean as well. However, since other users are free to modify their game, this cannot be guaranteed.

The biggest concern is the chat room like environment of playing online. There is automatic curse word filtering, but it's not possible to filter everything. If you're concerned about inappropriate language, I would recommend disabling the chat feature entirely.

Another problem is the fact that all users are able to build whatever they want and can involve grotesque things.

You don't know Badspot very well, do you?
The Devil's Minions

You're 14 and you are worried about inappropiateness of a game. Wow what a handicap.

You're 14 and you are worried about inappropiateness of a game. Wow what a handicap.
He's obviously not 14

I know, I've been playing since I was at least 10 and I turned out ok.

EDIT: 5500th post :3
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 07:18:09 PM by GenaralSkar »

I know, I've been playing since I was at least 10 and I turned out ok.
Some could argue...

But anyways, zeperdy, you're obviously at the age where you are worried about what your parents see you doing, and you want to make sure they don't catch you doing "disapproving" stuff. In your case, profanity and research.

You're fine in-game but based on the op, get out of the forums before it's to late.

But anyways, zeperdy, you're obviously at the age where you are worried about what your parents see you doing, and you want to make sure they don't catch you doing "disapproving" stuff. In your case, profanity and research.

Because every adolescent has to be a profane little forgettard who doesn't give a stuff about anything.

Because every adolescent has to be a profane little forgettard who doesn't give a stuff about anything.
No, but every adolescent doesn't have to be immature. If you see research and your parents don't allow it, simply just don't go back to it. Same with profanity.

Take it as you may, but I've said what I needed.

Let's finish up here.

What kind of 14 year old are you? You afraid to see some richards?