Author Topic: Mission editor: Not colliding with terrain  (Read 2066 times)

I've been making a map in mission editor and decided to double-check the scale of it to a player, and soon discovered that it was not solid. Vehicles and my player simply fall through into the water, and I can sink down below the lowest, original point. Trying to place a brick makes the emitter thing appear to hit, as though I've put one on it, but I can only actually start placing a brick if I click at the original, lowest level, even if it is below the raised area, and a ghost brick only appears if I hit an existing brick. The terrain is added to Squideey's Ocean - Standard map. I have previously experimented with terrain on a different one of these maps without a problem with collision.

how do i open mission editor??? plz help

/headdesk
I've been making a map in mission editor and decided to double-check the scale of it to a player, and soon discovered that it was not solid. Vehicles and my player simply fall through into the water, and I can sink down below the lowest, original point. Trying to place a brick makes the emitter thing appear to hit, as though I've put one on it, but I can only actually start placing a brick if I click at the original, lowest level, even if it is below the raised area, and a ghost brick only appears if I hit an existing brick. The terrain is added to Squideey's Ocean - Standard map. I have previously experimented with terrain on a different one of these maps without a problem with collision.
Have you tried saving and reloading the map?

/headdesk

If you don't know how to open it, you don't know how to use it. Don't bother trying.

If you don't know how to open it, you don't know how to use it. Don't bother trying.
i know how to use it but i cant get it to open

i know how to use it but i cant get it to open
If you can't get it opened you can't use it because you haven't opened it and haven't seen his contents.

I'm having this exact problem, modifying the terrain block at all makes it totally uncolliding.