Author Topic: Chat uses diff language and I cant switch it  (Read 437 times)

Alright.I do NOT know if someone else had this trouble, but it seems to be quite troublesome.
I am, myself, Russian.My PC has russian as main language, my games are mainly, though, in english.And this is first game to expirience this.
For some reason, it uses russian language for keyboard settings(read-bindings, like tools and all)so I have to restart it every time i start up the game.Second, in chat, it uses Russian too!But it looks as if its missing a font, and I cannot change to english.For now, I use console and copy-pasting text into chat.But its long and time consuming.Can someone help me with this?

does your computer use russian fonts?

If your using a Desktop Computer. (The Computer's, that the Monitor and Computer are not together.)
You can change your fonts to english by the Option buttons, on the the monitor.
I've been looking at it, and yes, theres ways to change it, from Russian to English.

If your using a Labtop, well... I don't know... I'm gonna search for it...

I seemed to found a way to change your keyboard to another language.

Start > Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region > Change keyboards or other input methods > (Now click the Tab:) Keyboards and Languages > Change keyboards...

OK, now, I haven't tested it, but I'm sure it changes your keyboards language.

I seemed to found a way to change your keyboard to another language.

Start > Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region > Change keyboards or other input methods > (Now click the Tab:) Keyboards and Languages > Change keyboards...

OK, now, I haven't tested it, but I'm sure it changes your keyboards language.

Sadly, I couldnt find such option.Perhaps its because i use XP.
Anyways, yeah, my PC uses russian fonts.But thing is, usually games let me CHANGE language from russian to english ingame.But here like...I can change language in menu, but not in controls or chat!

Sadly, I couldnt find such option.Perhaps its because i use XP.
Anyways, yeah, my PC uses russian fonts.But thing is, usually games let me CHANGE language from russian to english ingame.But here like...I can change language in menu, but not in controls or chat!
hmmm... I'm gonna check my XP then...

ok, I found it through the XP.

Start > Control Panel > Date, Time, Language, And Regional Options > Change the format of numbers, dates, and times > (Now click the Tab:) Languages > Details

BOOM, theres how to access it, through an XP. The one I gave to you was for a W7.

ok, I found it through the XP.

Start > Control Panel > Date, Time, Language, And Regional Options > Change the format of numbers, dates, and times > (Now click the Tab:) Languages > Details

BOOM, theres how to access it, through an XP. The one I gave to you was for a W7.
Surprisingly, that fixed it.Thank you!