Author Topic: The Printer Gun (Events) Version 2.  (Read 3113 times)

STORY

While I was hanging out at IcyGamma's server. I was thinking of something new to event. I thought, "What if I could make events that make the printer act exactly as a gun?".

The Printer-Gun was born.

It's one yellow 2x2 brick that you duplicate near or next to spawn bricks and what it does is it transforms your printer from a useless printer into a deadly gun. Fully fit with reloading animation AND ammo!.

How To Use

Step 1. Duplicate your printer gun activation brick, supplied on the small baseplate, and place it near spawns. If your spawns are in many different places you may need to place more. They will not conflict since it has a variable that gets set whenever you enter the zone.

Step 1.5. Click all of the Printer Gun bricks to activate the zones.

Step 2. Start a minigame with a printer in your inventory.

Step 3. Equip your printer and wait for it to load ammo. When it reloads you may hold or click your mouse to fire bullets from the printer.

Step 4. Kill.

Known Glitches:
1. For the message indication to pop up that says, "Equip your printer to start firing" will only appear if you hold a tool or something.

2. You can turn your head and fire in that direction yet there is close to nothing I can do about that, that doesn't limit the weapon.

Add-ons needed:
You need the latest version of VCE.

You need zone events.

You need player/client Playsound events.

You need setitem.

And you need bot events. (Purpose is only for the reloading animation).

Download:
Located at bottom.

Pictures:

Not much to see other then a yellow brick.

Thanks, test it out and maybe host a printer DM/TDM or something. Report all glitches here.

Changelog:
v2.0
Added spread, now the blue effect of the printer shoots.
Addons required updated.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 08:46:07 PM by SeventhSandwich »

On another note, it has quite a lot of events so your best bet to it working well and not glitching up is to set your schedule high.

what we need is a printer that lets you fly
like if you face the ground and click youll go up
oposite if you face up and click

I can see how you could do this with events, and I would like to say good job.

what we need is a printer that lets you fly
like if you face the ground and click youll go up
oposite if you face up and click
i did something thats a little bit like what you asked for. (NOTE: It's utterly useless and won't benefit you much at all :D)

Can somebody tell me why i use the printer, and i just die? I definitely have all the required addons
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 06:36:46 PM by Big Brother »

i did something thats a little bit like what you asked for. (NOTE: It's utterly useless and won't benefit you much at all :D)

Can somebody tell me why i use the printer, and i just die? I definitely have all the required addons
Do me a favor and PM me 2 pictures of all the events and I'll tell you exactly why.

Add-ons needed:
You need the latest version of VCE.

You need zone bricks

And you need bot events. (Purpose is only for the reloading animation).
don't you mean zone events, not zone bricks?
edit: i see one problem, the person stops firing the printer which is rather odd, maybe set their weapon to nothing, then the printer quickly, so they keep firing it?

edit: i edited it, and it needs setitem too
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 10:09:55 PM by phflack »

don't you mean zone events, not zone bricks?
edit: i see one problem, the person stops firing the printer which is rather odd, maybe set their weapon to nothing, then the printer quickly, so they keep firing it?

edit: i edited it, and it needs setitem too
It doesn't really matter. That's part of the effect but that might help. Thanks.

Also, I forgot to include that you NEED the player/client playsound events or it will kill you.

same goes for every other missing event.

Sounds cool, going to test now :D
EDIT: I think it needs intervals between firing the printer, But other than that it's great.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 07:23:25 AM by alex dude »

Also, I forgot to include that you NEED the player/client playsound events or it will kill you.

same goes for every other missing event.
..that explains why i kept dieing >.>