Author Topic: Video Editing Software Suggestions.  (Read 518 times)

So I'm looking into editing FRAPS recorded game videos (.avi) and I am clueless when it comes to video editing.

Windows Movie Maker 2.6 (Windows XP version) is too basic. It can get the job done and I've made a Youtube poop on it before but it's just too basic and boring, and can't do HD properly without loving it up.

Windows Live Movie Maker is just as basic as 2.6, there is NO timeline and no way of properly editing things. It's stuff. Garbage. I don't even want to look at it anymore.

Sony Vegas Pro 9 is complicated as stuff. I will eventually one day figure it out but for now it's a clusterforget of options and stuff that makes my brain hurt because I'm stupid and try to understand huge things up front.

My encounters with video editing software aside, are there any good advanced, but not too advanced, video editors out there? Or should I just stick with Vegas Pro 9 and figure out how the forget to work it?

I'm leaving the floor open overnight, I'm going to bed. I'll check in your replies tomorrow.

Adobe premier, Sony Vegas 6z

I personally went from Windows movie maker Straight into Sony Vegas Pro 9. Oh god it was hell. Really. But I had no knowledge (and was too lazy) too look into another editing software in between. You can use Adobe premier as Anti-Block said, but also knowing how to fully use Sony Vegas to it's extent is a good think so don't stray away from it. Practice.

Use what I have. Corel VideoStudio Pro X3. It has a free trial and only costs 90 dollars. It has nice transitions and effects, easy and simple gui, chroma mask and key (greenscreen and overlapping videos), multiple sound and video channels, non-ugly text editing, etc.