Author Topic: Event_SetAsSpawnBrick  (Read 6437 times)

UPDATE:
Now has All players teleport to a brick when set!

Description:
Sets a brick, as a spawn point, for a client, or all team members, of a certain team!

How2Use:
Ex: OnActivate > Self > SetAsSpawnBrick > team1/team2/team3/team4/team5/team6/client/all/none

Any errors found, please report them to me.

Also, if you think this should be admin only, let me know.

« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 11:04:35 PM by Syntax »

Description:
Sets a brick, as a spawn point, for a client, or all team members, of a certain team!

How2Use:
Ex: OnActivate > Self > SetAsSpawnBrick > team1/team2/team3/team4/team5/team6/client/none

Any errors found, please report them to me.

didn't some one request this, any way, it seems usefull.

didn't some one request this, any way, it seems usefull.

yeah, that is why i made it.

So... is the client thing like......... whoever clicks/steps on/etc. the brick gets it set as their spawn. Or do you type in the clients ID/name and they get it as their spawn.

The prior.

Also, I think that the event shouldn't work if you're doing it on another player's brick. Perhaps either it just doesn't work or it deletes itself.

you should post this on RTB and see what if they want it?

I think that's a great idea. But maybe you should add the 'all' before posting it on RTB.

The prior.

Also, I think that the event shouldn't work if you're doing it on another player's brick. Perhaps either it just doesn't work or it deletes itself.

Who agrees with this? if so, i will set it to work like that

it'll not work if it isnt the clients brick, or if the owner of the brick, isnt admin
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 11:03:28 PM by Syntax »

Who agrees with this? if so, i will set it to work like that

it'll not work if it isnt the clients brick, or if the owner of the brick, isnt admin

This event is not as usefull as it would have been, considering many minigames set certain bricks as spawns by having the default spawns set a named brick as a checkpoint.

But it's not easy to get a player to activate a brick then cause everyone in the minigame to spawn from that brick.

But it's not easy to get a player to activate a brick then cause everyone in the minigame to spawn from that brick.

True, unless you make every player in the minigame trigger the spawn brick, i.e; placing the spawns on a baseplate that does that, and turning off Col. On the spawns.

What if theres one player that goes on ahead, and activates the event himself? Then only he would spawn from it.
etc

What if theres one player that goes on ahead, and activates the event himself? Then only he would spawn from it.
etc

If the brick was set to Client, then whoever clicked it, Would spawn there. Hence the client. However, if it was, say, "Team2" Then he would activate a checkpoint for team 2, and all of the team2 members would spawn there, instead of normal spawns.

Yes.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 10:01:01 AM by Psp The Blocklander »

Didn't we already have checkpoint events?  Or does this last through save files.

Also, if you think this should be admin only, let me know.[/color][/center]
No, considering that anyone can place a normal spawn brick.  Also, since spawns act as personal spawns outside of a minigame, it's only fair to let everyone use it.