Author Topic: Game connection sounds  (Read 784 times)

Hi, I was just wondering if it's possible to play a sound when you join?

I already know that I can make it so there's a message when I join someone server, like \c6 Penguin/Person has become Admin (Auto)

but I don't know how to make everyone hear a sound when I join. Is it possible?

(btw I'm very new to scripting, so please don't bag down on me with insults if this is kind of a nooby question.)

If you're trying to get everyone to hear the admin sound, use:
messageAll('MsgAdminForce',"\c2"@ %name @" has become admin. (Auto)");

'MsgAdminForce' is case sensitive and you can change the message string to whatever.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 07:10:18 PM by lilboarder32 »

Do I have to be admin on a server to use that command?

Only if you're host, or making a server-sided add-on. (Which you have to host to use, or have someone else host and use)

This is not possible on the client side.

But, what IS possible, (I've seen it before) is to say something when you join, for example this one guy joined my server once, and RIGHT when he connected, he said hi to everyone on the server. It was like:

This One Guy connected
This One Guy: Hi Penguin/Person!
This One Guy: Hi Chrono!
This One Guy: Hi lilboarder32!

All at once right when he joined.
What code did he use?

But, what IS possible, (I've seen it before) is to say something when you join, for example this one guy joined my server once, and RIGHT when he connected, he said hi to everyone on the server. It was like:

This One Guy connected

What code did he use?

Client sided code to get names from f2 list, i believe...

This One Guy connected

What code did he use?
I would ban him. I hate auto-talkers.

I would ban him. I hate auto-talkers.

Yes but, hao2auto talk like that?

Yes but, hao2auto talk like that?
Why do you want to? Imagine joining a 32 player server. These are not fun or useful. It is generally a bad idea. Do you have any real excuse for needing it?

BCAUSES ITZ CAWOESL!!

but really

i'd only make one of those to play around

That was on his own server.

Why do you want to? Imagine joining a 32 player server. These are not fun or useful. It is generally a bad idea. Do you have any real excuse for needing it?

I just want it to say "Penguin/Person has become admin (auto)" in green everytime I join a server, I don't care about the sound Anymore, although that's the reason I created this topic.