Author Topic: My Gaming Build  (Read 2338 times)

It's actually very recommended to have a triple channel memory setup when it comes to an i7. Mainly because Core iXs will perform better.

Don't most games these days need only 4GB of RAM to run OK?

Don't most games these days need only 4GB of RAM to run OK?
Yes but what I'm saying is that Core iXs will perform better as far as I know with triple channel. It doesn't hurt to have a little extra.

Looks good so far although I would suggest going with tihs case
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129021
It's cheaper and I've been using it for at least a year and no issues with the top fan yet even though the reviews state differently.

Blahhh That case is a piece of stuff everyone has it.... :C

Yes but what I'm saying is that Core iXs will perform better as far as I know with triple channel. It doesn't hurt to have a little extra.

Of course excluding the i3's, i5's, and the i7 800 series.

You could put a dual channel in an 1366 motherboard but it is pretty ghetto and will probably have a performance decrease.

So overall I think I'm going to get 6 Gigs of ram.

3 sticks.

2 gigs per.

That's that you're saying to do correct?

Update!

My case came today. I've been playing around with it.

I love it. Next up, motherboard. Motherboard. <3

I'll be posting the ones I'm stuck on soon.

though you probobly havent thought this through very much, what minitor are you using, or will you buy a screen and build that too, lol

I am buying a new monitor last. I currently have a SyncMaster 710n Samsung 17" monitor.

It's not bad but I plan on getting a large 36" inch LCD or so that I could as well plug my computer into it's HDMI or something along those lines as seen through that.

Well.

Guess what?

Intel has lowered the price of the i7 950 Qaud Core 3.06 GHz from almost $600 to $300.

$300 was the old price for the 930, which I was getting. So, I will not be getting the faster 950.

Hurray AMD vs. Intel competition resulting in the lowing of prices.

Also, I have decided to get the 1000 watt due to me checking out some things around some places.