Author Topic: The Prisoner  (Read 1451 times)

Alright, I have referenced this show a lot around the forums. I have directly asked people if they knew the show and no one has so far. It's about time I just made a topic for it.

No, not the 2009 remake, the original The Prisoner from 1967.

It's hard for me to describe it without giving away certain events and details, so I'll just say this:

The show is a bout a man living in London, who has a good position at some corporation. He is very dedicated to his work until, one day, he unexpectedly resigns. He returns to his home where he is gassed and taken to a strange place known only as The Village where his name is taken from him and instead he is called Number 6. The Village's government do all in their power to keep 6 from escaping and force him to tell them why he resigned.

So does anyone out their know this show? If you don't you can watch all 17 hour long episodes for free (legally) here.
NOTE: That link starts off at episode 6, so you'll have to scroll back to the first episode after you finish watching the commercial.

If you don't you can watch all 17 hour long episodes

what the forget

what the forget
There are 17 episodes.

They're all an hour long.

There are 17 episodes.

They're all an hour long.
what i meant was how can such a crappy show go on for 17 episodes

what i meant was how can such a crappy show go on for 17 episodes
D:

hes 13 and doesnt know what he is talking about.

Hmm.
Scenario doesn't seem that great.
Why would someone do all this just to get to know why a guy who loves his job resigned?
Just ask his boss or whatever :o

My dad owns the entire set of DVD's.
It's an odd show, what with the roaring weather balloons and all.

I will not be pushed, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered!

Interested in getting both this and the remake, after watching Golden Age of Video for about two hours.

Hmm.
Scenario doesn't seem that great.
Why would someone do all this just to get to know why a guy who loves his job resigned?
Just ask his boss or whatever :o
They thought maybe he was selling out to competing companies, I guess.

Also, I've been watching these in the order they are in that link, but there's actually
a lot of debate as to what order the first few episodes are supposed to take place.

Heh, my computer blocked the site. huehuehue

Sounds handicapped.

Loel u quit ur job tell us whay or we never let u out