I have a 64bit processor without knowing I had one?

Author Topic: I have a 64bit processor without knowing I had one?  (Read 1365 times)

Here's the thing. I bought this PC in 2006. It was classified as 32 bit. The BIOS clearly says I have 64 bits. For 4 years I have not known this is a 64bit PC. I just upgraded to 7 aswell, so I cannot go from 32 to 64 bit Upgrade. The HD has to be wiped again and I am pissed.
The OPERATING SYSTEM was classified as 32 bit probably, but like I said most if not all processors can do 64-bit computing. It's not a new thing anymore.

The only processors that can't do 64-bit processing are like dirt cheap laptop processors which aren't even sold anymore, i.e. my laptop's Pentium M 2.0 GHz.

Goddammit I want Windows 7 but one of the reasons I haven't gotten it yet is because I'm too lazy to re-install/download everything after a clean install.

The OPERATING SYSTEM was classified as 32 bit probably, but like I said most if not all processors can do 64-bit computing. It's not a new thing anymore.

The only processors that can't do 64-bit processing are like dirt cheap laptop processors which aren't even sold anymore, i.e. my laptop's Pentium M 2.0 GHz.

Alright. So that clears up most of my problems. I'll probally get the 64 bit version soon and upgrade.

aaand locking.