Author Topic: File Format  (Read 1982 times)

I was wondering, in what format would a BL map be saved in before being packaged?

it automatically saves as .mis and if you have a terrain it also saves a .ter

can I convert a .ter or .mis into a .bsp or vice-versa?

bump for need answer.

Ok look, I'm not so good with map making but i do know this,

-When you go to save a map and in it's location you chose to save it to, will have the .mis and the .ter of the map

-The .mis is the lighting of the map (i think)
-The .ter is the terrain of the map (without this you will have outer-space :/)

Now your question with the converting- I have no idea...

can I convert a .ter or .mis into a .bsp or vice-versa?
.ter and .mis are completely different things.

TER:
contains terrain and what textures are on the terrain

MIS:
loads the TER and defines other things like sun light, fog...

I just want to know if I could take the basic map ( .ter ), convert it to .bsp, and re-light it? (or take a .bsp and convert it into a .ter, then give it a simple lighting mission) I'd like to know.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 10:48:41 PM by lol0237 »

.ter and .mis are completely different things.

TER:
contains terrain and what textures are on the terrain

MIS:
loads the TER and defines other things like sun light, fog...
Yo, you.. kalphiter, i beleave i said that first in an non-detailed way...

I just want to know if I could take the basic map ( .ter ), convert it to .bsp, and re-light it? (or take a .bsp and convert it into a .ter, then give it a simple lighting mission) I'd like to know.
a .ter is terrain, nothing else
although if you want to go through the process Marcem does to get maps from Hammer into BL then go ahead.

No, you can't make the terrain in hammer. You can take terrain made in hammer, save it as a map file, and export it as a .dif in another program. Note that you can't have a mesh or plane or whatever hammer uses for terrain in Blockland, in order to export something as an interior it needs to be constructed entirely of completely solid convex brushes.