Author Topic: Would I be able to run TF2 at all?  (Read 1173 times)

I used the Can U run It site thing to see if I could run TF2.
This is the minimal(minimum? idk) results. Would I be able to play it even on low settings?

put it on highest resolution but lowest quality

i could run tf2 with a crappy comp that took 15 mins to join and load a server
so you pretty much can

Your processor sucks

get a new one

Sicarius you always do this theres like 5 topics with different games of you asking about them.

Your CPU can't handle it on minimum.

so entirely NO you cannot run it.

Also if you got a new CPU you'd need to update your entire computer basicly because

1. Your Graphic Card is integrated

2. Your ram seems to be integrated too

(wow i misread that)

CPU is basically the motherboard which i think is about 300-400$ depends what you get... nowadays stores only carry 300$ ones usually.

A computer to run TF2 is about 600$+

give or take.

that will basically allow you to run most of the valve games like half life 2   CS:S garrymods etc etc.

In conclusion, if your CPU can't run it, right away it means you cant play it.

Also don't ask people on blockland for computer help... seen so many topics with false info given by some kid. Even i don't know whats best really i just know the basics.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 10:26:50 PM by Jess »

2. Your ram seems to be integrated too
What the forget?

Ok, basically, your computer cannot be upgraded.

1. Your CPU is really old and the chances are that the socket it uses is old.
2. The socket being old, the motherboard is properly old.
3. Motherboard being old, RAM and graphics are obviously old too.

Basically you need an entire new computer. It doesn't take much to run TF2 on lowest settings, but to run it on highest you will need a MUCH better computer.

What the forget?

I crossed it out because for some reason i read the stuff wrong.

You've never heard of integrated Ram?

Most computers have a basic of 650 or 450

What the forget are you going on about now?  There is no such thing as integrated ram, and I don't even know where you got those numbers.  You're pulling it out of your ass.

What the forget are you going on about now?  There is no such thing as integrated ram, and I don't even know where you got those numbers.  You're pulling it out of your ass.
No she actually is right. My bad, I forgot.

My laptop has 256MB RAM built in. I put in a 1GB memory stick so now I have 1.25GB.

But 450 MB or 650 MB are unusual numbers.

And I highly doubt 2GB+ of RAM is integrated.

The amount of RAM you have is bordering insufficient as well. It says you have 2.7gbs of usable RAM, but your OS (why 64-bit?) requires 2gbs by itself, and then whatever else is running on your system will be using some as well. Like others are saying, you need a new PC.

The amount of RAM you have is bordering insufficient as well. It says you have 2.7gbs of usable RAM, but your OS (why 64-bit?) requires 2gbs by itself, and then whatever else is running on your system will be using some as well. Like others are saying, you need a new PC.
It seems fine to me. 2GB is sufficient for TF2.

It seems fine to me. 2GB is sufficient for TF2.
Does 'Can You Run It?' already take into account the operating systems required RAM?

Does 'Can You Run It?' already take into account the operating systems required RAM?
Probably not but Windows 7 doesn't require as much RAM as Vista did.