Author Topic: The Dedicator's Guide To Dedicating!  (Read 1422 times)

Well, I thought it'd be a good time to post on making a dedicated server. First off, you'll need to find your dedicated.bat. Found it? Ok. Now open it and search for the rtbisle.mis, look in your rtb/data/missions folder and find the .mis for the map you wish to use, copy the name (including the .mis extenstion) and replace the rtbisle.mis in the bat file with the name, now save. Ok, now openrtb/server/scripts and open prefs.cs and change the stuff in there to what you wish for your server then save. Delete the prefs.cs.dso file. Now run the dedicated.bat file and you should see a black box, wait for it to come up with a "%" then a "_" that flashes. You can enter commands their. So, you can connect to your server and all that stuff but there a some things you can't do like access F11. But wait, here are some that you can! Here are some useful commands which you can type in the dedicated console:

clearmission(); - Clears all bricks.

savePersistence(%); - Saves the blocks. (replace % with the save file name.).

loadPersistence(%); - Loads the blocks. (replace % with the save file name.).

centerprintall('%'); - Can be used for displaying text on all clients screens. (Replace % with what you wish to say and if it says synax error put a "\" before your comma or exclamation mark etc.

$Pref::Server::% = "%"; - Can be used to change server properties without closing server and changing the prefs then deleting the prefs dso then starting it again. (Change the first % to the value (see prefs.cs for details) and the second % to what you wish (again see prefs.cs for details.

Also here is how you can boot multiple server with different prefs!

open the rtb/server/init.cs

at the bottom add

function server1()
{
exec("rtb/server/prefs1.cs");
}

you can do as many as you want except change the 1 to another number, now copy your prefs.cs and make as many as you want then rename them all to prefs1.cs. for each one use a different number then open them with notepad and change it to what the server will be then save. repeat for all of them. Now copy your dedicated.bat files to how many you want and then rename them to what you want. Now open the batch with notepad and change the map file. Repeat for all batch files then save. Now run them all, one after another then in each one type in server1(); and repeat on all of them except use different numbers. All done, that how you run heaps of servers at once!

I thought this said the Dictator's guide to Dictating. I am disappointed. :(.

I thought this said the Dictator's guide to Dictating. I am disappointed. :(.
me too