Author Topic: [Request] Server Bullet Time  (Read 1789 times)

This could quite possibly be one of the easiest add-ons ever.

Basically, the server runs for about 30 seconds, sets the timescale to .5 for 5 seconds, then switches it back to a timescale of 1. 30 seconds later it loops.

That's all I want. Oh, and some kind of start/stop command like "/bullettime" followed by a message "Bullet Time Enabled/Disabled".

If you want to be more fancy with it, server prefs would be nice. The script would break down into 4 parts.
Part 1 is called "TimescaleA". This is set as a default as 1.
Part 2 is called "RuntimeA". This is how long the server uses this timescale before moving to the next. Default is 30 seconds.
Part 3 is called "TimescaleB". This is set as a default as .5.
Part 4 is called "RuntimeB". This is how long the server uses this timescale before looping back to the first. Default is 5 seconds.

Each part can be changed with different timescales and runtimes.

Hopefully this was clear enough.

Do you mean you want events or a client side add on?

i think i might be able to do this, although i would make it be /bullettime (timescaleA) (timeA) (timescaleB) (timeB)

Do you mean you want events or a client side add on?

Server-sided. There is no way to make this client sided. Also, events could be abused.

i think i might be able to do this, although i would make it be /bullettime (timescaleA) (timeA) (timescaleB) (timeB)

Whatever makes it work is fine, so long as it does what I said I wanted.

ok, it shouldn't be too hard then... i'll get working on it later
edit, what about /timescales? so it's easier to remember sorta like /timescale, but multiple
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 10:31:05 AM by phflack »

what about /timescales? so it's easier to remember sorta like /timescale, but multiple

What? You mean the slash command that would execute it? I really could care less how you make it as long as it functions how I ask. And thank you by the way.

i mean instead of /bullettime # # # #, it would be /timescales # # # #, because then it's closer to the default /timescale #, and therefor probably easier to remember

That's cool. "Bullet time" was just a place-holding name, not anything I really care about. I just want the function.

ahh, ok, because i'd never remember bullettime, as i have no idea how it relates to it :D
edit: you do know i can make this client sided? and still affect the server if you're admin that is
edit again: would you like it in seconds or miliseconds?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 12:06:18 PM by phflack »

ahh, ok, because i'd never remember bullettime, as i have no idea how it relates to it :D
edit: you do know i can make this client sided? and still affect the server if you're admin that is
edit again: would you like it in seconds or miliseconds?

Bullet time is a special and visual effect that refers to a digitally-enhanced simulation of variable-speed (i.e. slow motion, time-lapse, etc) photography used in films, broadcast advertisements, and video games. It is characterized both by its extreme transformation of time (slow enough to show normally imperceptible and unfilmable events, such as flying bullets) and space (by way of the ability of the camera angle—the audience's point-of-view—to move around the scene at a normal speed while events are slowed).

The term bullet time is a registered trademark of Warner Bros., the distributor of The Matrix.[1] It was formerly a trademark of 3D Realms, producer of the Max Payne games.[citation needed]

This is almost impossible with conventional slow-motion, as the physical camera would have to move impossibly fast; the concept implies that only a "virtual camera", often illustrated within the confines of a computer-generated environment such as a virtual world or virtual reality, would be capable of "filming" bullet-time types of moments. Technical and historical variations of this effect have been referred to as time slicing, view morphing, slow-mo, temps mort and virtual cinematography.

I was planning on hosting the server I would use it in, so I'd prefer if it was server-sided. But feel free to make it however you want as long as it does what I asked.

Uh, I'm not really sure. Seconds would be nice I guess.

ahh, and if it's client sided, you would just use timescales("A", "B", "C", "D");
replacing the letters with the times and stuff, also, if any of the numbers is below 0.2 or above 2, it will stop the loop, for if you wish to end it
edit: testing it, if any of the numbers are below 0, it will stop
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 12:24:54 PM by phflack »

Awesome. Do you think you'll be done by today?

basically you want a gradiarizing time scale?

it still needs testing, currently if released and you use it, it will change the timescale to A, use the correct time of B, then it will keep changing the timescale to 0.2 repeatedly lagging blockland, and after enough time, it gives a runtime error :D
isn't that so nice? at least i got rid of the syntax errors and stuff, i need to retest it again, i think i fixed it...
Code: [Select]
function timescales(%timescale1, %time1, %timescale2, %time2, %toggle)
{
if(%toggle = 0)
{
%toggle = 1;
commandtoserver('timescale', %timescale1);
%time = %time1 * 1000;
$timescalesched = schedule(%time, 0, timescales, %toggle);
}
else if(%toggle = 1)
{
%toggle = 0;
commandtoserver('timescale', %timescale2);
%time = %time2 * 1000;
$timescalesched = schedule(%time, 0, timescales, %toggle);
}
else
{
%toggle = 0;
}
if(%timescale1 < 0 || %time1 < 0 || %timescale2 < 0 || %time2 < 0)
{
cancel($timescaleshced);
}
}