Author Topic: Help a noob - what's all the talk about EW/no EW in builds?  (Read 6303 times)

Is the reason for not using the editor wand simply to challenge oneself, and/or to achieve a 'classic' aesthetic?  Or are there pragmatic reasons for also choosing not to use it?

I checked the Help section, and didn't see anything directly pertinent to this.  A whole lot of stuff about how to use the Editor Wand, and its capabilities, but not about why in the gallery builds some people choose to consciously forego it.

My question isn't about how to play the game, it's about people's motivations.

-_- Help sections if for making topics there asknig for help, people don't post tutorials there.

This belongs in offtopic, then. You don't ask questions like this here.

There's no real perfect forum for this question.

Not Help, for the reasons you named.

Apparently not this forum, either.

And Offtopic is, I assume, for things that don't relate to blockland - whereas this does.

So, care to offer up a quick and pithy answer to my question so I can be out of your hair? :)

There's no real perfect forum for this question.

Not Help, for the reasons you named.

Apparently not this forum, either.

And Offtopic is, I assume, for things that don't relate to blockland - whereas this does.

So, care to offer up a quick and pithy answer to my question so I can be out of your hair? :)
-_- wrong, you can put anything in there, that's what it means by offtopic.

Quit bugging him about the correct forum for this topic, guys, and just answer the man's question!

So, now... your question is why would someone not use the Editor Wand? Well, to me, I'd pretty such just say for the two reasons you've already stated. Also, my internet is being really slow so I can't look up 'pragmatic'. :'(

Oh, and MasterCE, Off Topic is for anything NOT related to Blockland or Age of Time.

Well, the contraversy with the Editor wand, which I think is what you're asking about, is that some people want honest building, not "Modelling" something in this interconnecting-block building game.  Though, some people want to just build things, not build them using interconnecting blocks.  It really depends on what your motivation is for playing this game - to play true lego style, or to just make something.  Some people like to be asses about this, and some people don't care.

There are, however, perfectly decent reasons to use the editor wand, such as in large builds.  By stretching a brick, or a few bricks, you can have reduce some framerate problems.

Does that answer what you need?

That answers my question perfectly, thank you. :)

Just FYI, 'pragmatism' generally means that something is useful in the here and now, rather than based on an abstract principle or ideal.

A pragmatic reason for using the Editor Wand would be framerate improvement, as Spaceomega mentioned.

Haha I like how you speak, it reminds me of the way people talk in "Ye Olde Time" movies.

Take any philosophy class and you'll naturally talk like this in no time.

Ay, I do use EW, Sir.

Alas, I prefer not to use.

Haha I like how you speak, it reminds me of the way people talk in "Ye Olde Time" movies.

LOL! Absolutely no thought or concern for his feelings! So funny!

But nowadays people are beggining to stop using the EW as the release date for Retail is only days away, and thus the loss of the EW to the addicts of that horrid device.

That was a good attempt Anti-Cop, lol.