Author Topic: Team Spawn Help  (Read 2932 times)

No, probably not a good idea. You'd most likely get in trouble if you released. Now if you made an expansion module for VW, that would be a whole different matter. Then you could release. What changes were you making anyway? Some might be done already.
Well, I was kinda planning to join SS in the first place. I wanted to make them some special gamemode since the day I saw wizzards. Sadly, I cannot join clans, so I started making this, so when I can join so I can release it to you. I didn't add on to the VWs software because I didn't like its settings. So, I.... remade it, with my settings. You want a sneak peak so far or something?

So, I.... remade it, with my settings. You want a sneak peak so far or something?
Oh, you added some new RTB prefs like points and stuff? Sure, I'll take a look. Been meaning to add some new prefs to my copy, but I keep forgetting.

How come you can't join clans? All you have to do is sign up on our forums and you've joined.

Oh, you added some new RTB prefs like points and stuff? Sure, I'll take a look. Been meaning to add some new prefs to my copy, but I keep forgetting.
I did more serious stuff, more functions, and at the time, its still 4kb in the folder(zipped).
I Removed the team spawn system, because thats what we are talking about on here.
Its named GameMode_TDM because I had a wacky idea before I thought of ctf that I could make teams. And... I can. Red and Green! soon to be added; Yellow and Blue. Edit it to hell, and if you can make the spawning system work, that would be wonderful. I did Give credit to Kinex for whatever parts he did, so don't freak out if you see a part that uses his way.
-snip- I'll Pm you.
I hope that dam link works.
How come you can't join clans? All you have to do is sign up on our forums and you've joined.
Lets not talk about it.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 09:59:26 PM by computermix »

I don't care if you use it, but others would. Anyway, I'd wait on the teams. Don't bother creating new ones, although it is quite easy. KINEX is working on a new version that will set the team color based on the color of the spawn, so, theoretically, you could have 64 teams at most.

I don't care if you use it, but others would. Anyway, I'd wait on the teams. Don't bother creating new ones, although it is quite easy. KINEX is working on a new version that will set the team color based on the color of the spawn, so, theoretically, you could have 64 teams at most.
Thats almost too easy to do... almost.

Just use the current mod.

I'd put the value teamSpawn = "blue"; on the brick datablock, and then scroll through the bricks to fond the bricks with the correct value

that'd probably be a bad way to do it though

I'd put the value teamSpawn = "blue"; on the brick datablock, and then scroll through the bricks to fond the bricks with the correct value

that'd probably be a bad way to do it though
I kinda made a spawncheck(); function, and it checks if the brick placed is a Green/Red Team Spawn Brick. When the function gameconnection::Spawnplayer is triggered, it does spawncheck();

I don't get why you don't just use the old spawn system. It's pretty easy to add a few teams to it.

I don't get why you don't just use the old spawn system. It's pretty easy to add a few teams to it.
Not not just "Adding a few teams to it". Theres more.

Well, I'll just wait for it. Tell us at SS when you finish, if possible.

Well, I'll just wait for it. Tell us at SS when you finish, if possible.
Well, pay attention. remember, I need help.

Can you post or PM me the spawn code?